The Student Room Group

How easy will it be to change course within same Uni-Completely diff course

Currently i'm studying Business Information Systems (first year) and for the life of me its a very boring course, i don't enjoy it at all and don't think i will enjoy the rest of the course. I want to study Criminoly within the same uni,I've studied Law during my time at college and ended up with a B. I meet the entry requirements for Criminology. i'm wondering how easy will it be to change course. I'll have to start from September 2016 but my only concern is, will it be an easy transition as i intend to stay within the same uni. Or will i have to Apply through UCAS, (if it's the latter, than how screwed am I seeing that i've missed the Jan 15 deadline.) If anyone knows the procedure than please help.
Original post by Yakuzaxx97
Currently i'm studying Business Information Systems (first year) and for the life of me its a very boring course, i don't enjoy it at all and don't think i will enjoy the rest of the course. I want to study Criminoly within the same uni,I've studied Law during my time at college and ended up with a B. I meet the entry requirements for Criminology. i'm wondering how easy will it be to change course. I'll have to start from September 2016 but my only concern is, will it be an easy transition as i intend to stay within the same uni. Or will i have to Apply through UCAS, (if it's the latter, than how screwed am I seeing that i've missed the Jan 15 deadline.) If anyone knows the procedure than please help.

Hi

You should go and speak to someone in student services. They'll be able to advise on university policy. The next possible steps would be to talk to their course leader and/or admissions tutor to see if you can be let on the course (if there's space).

Unfortunately TSR can't give you a definitive answer as every university does this differently. :smile:
Are you intending to jump into the second year for criminology or restart in the first year? Agree with Roving Fish that you need to speak to the Uni and especially the course leader as to whether they are willing to accommodate you. You stand a muh greater chance that way.

Quick Reply

Latest