The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by digistar_100
No one should be forced to bend over to Western values if it goes against their faith. Good on them. Touching non-Mahram adults of the opposite gender is a not necessary at all for a greeting. Allah gave us speech for a reason.

Well thank god Allah is a work of fiction sweetheart.
Original post by digistar_100
All good in theory but if not doing something necessary to prevent something more sinister such as fornication or adultary then why take the risk.

Perhaps you can tell me the incidence of fornication and adultery that is caused by handshakes between schoolteachers and their pupils in Switzerland?
The tolerance and naivety of native Europeans will destroy Europe.
Original post by FluffyCherry
Kudos to them :congrats:, moving to a western country DOES NOT mean you should follow western values, especially if it goes against our religion.

This ideology is frankly disgusting.

I mean yes If they forced some bacon infront of him and told him to eat it that would be wrong but a bloody handshake. It is not even a western "value" its just a simple gesture. but I suppose if I went over to saudi arabia and I chose not follow your values by letting a girl I know drive a car as I would be in jail most likley
Original post by BaconandSauce
As I say parasitical in nature

They want what we have created as they are incapable of doing it themselves but don't want to be part of our societies

Nope they plan to spread around their stone age and oppressive beliefs while taking in the benefits.
Original post by NickLCFC

Sadly, I fear you may be right unless there is a swift change.

Thankfully we can see the outrage this has caused so it finally looks like our tolerance is beginning to wain.
Original post by QE2
Why is it seen as forbidden to touch a woman's hand? What harm can it do? Primates (of which we are merely the most advanced example) are essentially socially tactile animals. It is in our nature to touch each other. Forbidding such natural behaviour is entirely illogical.

That is precisely the reason! Mans natural tendency is to admire and lust at the beauty of woman. If a married man sees a beautiful woman and starts to develop feelings for her based on her appearance, then gets to feel her hands in a pointless handshake, will the shaytaan not be tempting him more and more to commit adultary? To prevent this, is why Allah swt has given both men and women the hijab, physical modesty and mental strength to keep your gaze down. Its the reason why in Islamic countries the divorce and remarry rate is low and families and children are happy.
Original post by KingBradly
A Swiss secondary school has caused uproar by allowing two Muslim boys not to shake the hand of women teachers - a common greeting in Swiss schools. - BBC NEWS

I was reading through the above article when I came to this quote:

(the) Islamic Central Council of Switzerland said that a handshake between men and women was prohibited. "After the sex attacks in Cologne (on New Year's Eve), they asked Muslims to keep their distance from women; now they demand they get closer to them," spokesman Qaasim Illi told Swiss media.

I think this quote demonstrates the total lack of understanding some Muslims have of Western values, or our liberal post-enlightenment generally pragmatic understanding of ethics. They don't recognize the fact that what was so terrible about the Cologne sex attacks was that it was extremely harrowing for the victims. This guy probably just thinks the problem was that it was dirty and sinful in the eyes of God.

The problem with someone like him is that his morality is not based on his own reasoning, compassion, guilt, empathy, or pity, but begins and ends with a single book, and the question of will it or won't it please God. Essentially, he has no morality of his own.

Qaasim Illi trying to be smart but as you can see you one upped him

If i went to live in a country where it was custom to bow to the teacher before entering class, i would do it but im not a muslim though who's beliefs and sensibilities come before the world and everybody elses

There has been uproar in it so obviously people are angry about it.

What I find hilarious is that if Swiss Muslims students don't show their teachers a simple gestures of respect because it goes against their religion then they should be excluded or something.

The West shouldn't have to bend over backwards for Muslims.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So showing a sign of respect to your teacher is bad? There's nothing sexual about a handshake. If you think there is and therefore is sinful then there's something wrong with you mentally.

You say that moving to the West doesn't mean you should follow Western values. If that's the case then why are you here and using services that the UK has?

Pathetic.

First of all, that's none of your business!:rolleyes:
I can live wherever I want,
like who on earth are you to tell me what to do and what not to do.
Original post by Petulance
If they do not like the western values there, why the hell did they Migrate there in the first place?

To leech of the governments welfare system is my guess.

Why did I migrate here .. bruh I was born here!
Even if I migrated here that's clearly none of your business!!
Reply 52
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
We are not barbaric,
Interesting point.

If someone believes that slavery, sex with slaves, wife-beating, violent punishment for consensual adult sex and amputation for theft, are all acceptable and appropriate practices, are they barbaric or not?

Genuine question.

You're right sweetheart. I can't tell you what to do. But I can say Europe would be better off without you with your unbelievable mentality. You live in the West. You go by their culture.

I challenged you and asked you how a handshake was sexual in any way. You resort to rudeness.

Mature as hell. You must be great at justifying your disgusting beliefs.
The answer is simple.

Fundamental Islam is NOT compatible with the WEST.

Never was, and never will be.

PERIOD.
Reply 55
Kudos to them :congrats:, moving to a western country DOES NOT mean you should follow western values, especially if it goes against our religion.

Agreed
I would have done the same :smile:

we are westerners

the people you seem to dislike

We are the workers who pay for your education and pay for your health care through our taxes

But as you say you don't have to be part of our society but then don't gripe when you are left behind because of your own choices
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So showing a sign of respect to your teacher is bad? There's nothing sexual about a handshake. If you think there is and therefore is sinful then there's something wrong with you mentally.

You say that moving to the West doesn't mean you should follow Western values. If that's the case then why are you here and using services that the UK has?

Pathetic.

Because he and most like him are happy for the benefits of living in a western country and superior standard of living... they just dont like doing the things people in western countries do which makes them different from the crap countries they fled from
Reply 58
Original post by AperfectBalance
When I went to A place in Spain I was told it was custom to have some of the local cider. they gave me a glass and I drunk it all, they came back and told me that when there is a small amount left you chuck the cider out towards the bar and it should splash on the side of the bar.
I thought that this was bloody weird but as a sign of respect the next cider I had I did and they were happy as I had show the ability to join with their culture
Asturias?
Why did I migrate here .. bruh I was born here!
Even if I migrated here that's clearly none of your business!!

It is my business when people who follow your backward religion are trying to pull Europe back to the age of Barbarians ignorant little lady.

Latest

Trending

Trending