The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Is there anyone still waiting on Nottingham too?!😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have both been waiting on Nottingham, is anyone still waiting on Nottingham too??!! It's been wayyy too long now :/
Reply 1361
Original post by Francescopsq97
Of course the weight of an unconditional offer is real! Try to think really which course fits you best, regardless of the offers: then you should think what is really worse, just going onto a 'secure' shore which would be Liverpool, or taking more time considering Ncl (even though itwould be conditional offer). I suggest you Ncl. I applied there and probably will be my insurance.

I got offers from Kent and Liverpool for same grades AAB, which one is better for studying architecture.
My daughter sent off her portfolio for Nottingham over 3 months ago and had not heard so emailed admissions and had a reply within a day saying she had an offer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1363
Original post by Minervamich
My daughter sent off her portfolio for Nottingham over 3 months ago and had not heard so emailed admissions and had a reply within a day saying she had an offer.

Thanks for replying back! Really wow, is it going to be her firm, and did they give you a reason for the long wait? Do you think I should email or call them?
Hi ! I have received offers from Cardiff, Sheffield and Liverpool . I would like to know the main differences between Welsh School of Architecture Cardiff University and University of Sheffield SOA because I don't think it's about the rankings but the way of teaching. If anyone went for an open day to Cardiff or Sheffield any feedback would be great.

Looking forward to hear your feedback.
I think it's quite reasonable to email/phone Nottingham after all this time. They replied very quickly and apologised for the long wait, but didn't give a reason. Still waiting for UCAS to update though as they couldn't say exactly what the offer was! She has an offer from Cardiff (AAA) and Kent (AAB) - hoping for an AAB offer from Nottingham, although she would be even happier if it was lower! Good luck with your application.
Reply 1366
Original post by Maria2698
Got an offer from UCL on thursday!

congrats!!! You firming the there?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cowie
congrats!!! You firming the there?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! and yes definitely. you?
Original post by Maria2698
Got an offer from UCL on thursday!

Congrats! :smile: When was your interview?
Original post by hongwai
Oh dear, Zaha just passed on unexpectedly;

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/mar/31/star-architect-zaha-hadid-dies-aged-65

RIP to one of the greatest talents of our time.......we will miss you.

Excerpt from the Guardian:
"Hadid was recently awarded the RIBA’s 2016 royal gold medal, the first woman to be awarded the honour in her own right.Architect Sir Peter Cook wrote ......“For three decades now she has ventured where few would dare Such self confidence is easily accepted in film-makers and football managers, but causes some architects to feel uncomfortable. Maybe they’re secretly jealous of her unquestionable talent. Let’s face it, we might have awarded the medal to a worthy comfortable character. We didn’t. We awarded it to Zaha: larger than life, bold as brass and certainly on the case.”

It was such a shock to hear about this. I couldn't believe the interest/tributes on social media from people who I didn't think had any interest in architecture.

Did anyone see this article about "maverick" buildings: https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/article/britains-greatest-maverick-building (and the exhibition at the RA at the moment: https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibition/mavericks-breaking-the-mould-of-british-architecture)

There's some absolute beauties on there :biggrin:
Offer from the bartlett k100!
Reply 1371
Got an offer from UCL this afternoon! I'm probably gonna firm UCL and take Edinburgh as my insurance
Original post by peterkeixo
Congrats! :smile: When was your interview?

8th of March
congrats to all 'new' offer holders! you must be so happy!
Original post by Ramon Roman
Hi ! I have received offers from Cardiff, Sheffield and Liverpool . I would like to know the main differences between Welsh School of Architecture Cardiff University and University of Sheffield SOA because I don't think it's about the rankings but the way of teaching. If anyone went for an open day to Cardiff or Sheffield any feedback would be great.

Looking forward to hear your feedback.

I went to the Sheffield open day and am considering going there, if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. I didn't go to Cardiff, i have friends that studied there and thought it was great but they didn't do architecture so can't help there, sorry. PM me if you want a quicker reply

Congratulations!!!

May I see your portfolio too, it must be amazing :smile:

Hope your working hard to get in!

If you are showing your portfolio any chance i could see it as well?
Original post by tfaulkner
I went to the Sheffield open day and am considering going there, if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. I didn't go to Cardiff, i have friends that studied there and thought it was great but they didn't do architecture so can't help there, sorry. PM me if you want a quicker reply

Ohh how was it? Actually I wanna know how many students in total for the whole class n did u talk with the senior students??
Original post by damonmc
Ohh how was it? Actually I wanna know how many students in total for the whole class n did u talk with the senior students??

It was very good, they take about 100 students a year I believe. The studio space is amazing however is very clean so if you are more of a messy worker I don't know how that would work out. I didn't get to speak to senior students however I am going again on Wednesday as they have an applicants day.
Reply 1379
Hi I was wondering what is a typical offer for Cardiff? I read someone has AAA is it standard or the conditions are dependent upon portfolio?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending