The Student Room Group

Expensive study material?

What is the most expensive item you have bought for university? How useful is this?
A bunch of textbooks in the first year. Never used them. :cry:
Original post by SeanFM

Were they not relevant to your course? Text books can be quite costly? Maybe you could ask your tutor to see which text books they recommend? :wink:
Original post by Study Inn Group
Were they not relevant to your course? Text books can be quite costly? Maybe you could ask your tutor to see which text books they recommend? :wink:

They probably did recommend those books. It's not unexpected to get a mandatory texts (i.e. you need to buy them) and then not use them.
Reply 4
What is the most expensive item you have bought for university? How useful is this?

I had to buy a laptop because I didn't have one. In terms of books I only bought 3, one second hand, the others as E-books but very cheap. Other than that We had access to a lot of the books in the library.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM

That's proper annoying, know how you feel, studying Business in Marketing but I've been using a platform called Perlego.com which offers academic ebooks. Check out, it's way better than wasting money.
Reply 6
A £1,300 laptop.
It's been pretty useful actually! But christmas is more or less cancelled now seeing as I can't afford anything now.. heh.

It would definitely be the desktop PC I built. Decided to be edgy and get a desktop instead of a laptop because it's better value and I don't see the point of laptops in lectures anyway.

Motherboard broke 2 weeks ago, but until then it was useful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending