The Student Room Group

What will my grades overall be?

In my school there is additional science and core. I am doing higher tier for chemistry and biology (additional and core). But I don't want to do physics higher tier. In the course work I got A* and an A. If I get A* for both biology and chemistry and get C's for physics what will my grade be overall.
Original post by SHussein7
In my school there is additional science and core. I am doing higher tier for chemistry and biology (additional and core). But I don't want to do physics higher tier. In the course work I got A* and an A. If I get A* for both biology and chemistry and get C's for physics what will my grade be overall.

If you're doing triple science it's three different gcses, from what I understand... We're doing a different exam board so we've done three coursework pieces... Are you doing additional and core for physics too? If so I'd imagine you'd probably get A/A* for Biology, A/A* for Chemistry and C for Physics.
I'm a bit confused because we're with wjec for science and the welsh board is a lot different, and harder, than the other ones. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ara8311a
If you're doing triple science it's three different gcses, from what I understand... We're doing a different exam board so we've done three coursework pieces... Are you doing additional and core for physics too? If so I'd imagine you'd probably get A/A* for Biology, A/A* for Chemistry and C for Physics.
I'm a bit confused because we're with wjec for science and the welsh board is a lot different, and harder, than the other ones. Hope this helps! :smile:

I am not doing triple science I am doing unit 1 and unit 2 only. I am doing core and additional for physics as well. I am doing the AQA exam board. On our results we don't have a specific results it just provides us with out overall grade for core and additional. Thanks for helping me!
I am not doing triple science I am doing unit 1 and unit 2 only. I am doing core and additional for physics as well. I am doing the AQA exam board. On our results we don't have a specific results it just provides us with out overall grade for core and additional. Thanks for helping me!

It's fine. Sorry I can't help more! Our school makes everyone do triple science so I don't understand the difference very much. :smile: AQA is so much better than WJEC though. WJEC for science is just painful!
Reply 4
It will be a top B or a possible A depending on how strong your A* and C was.
Reply 5
Original post by Anmol_.
It will be a top B or a possible A depending on how strong your A* and C was.

I am very thankful for your help. Have a wonderful day:biggrin:

Why aren't u going physics higher?

You could get any grade between B-A* depending on how strong the C and A*s were
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ara8311a
It's fine. Sorry I can't help more! Our school makes everyone do triple science so I don't understand the difference very much. :smile: AQA is so much better than WJEC though. WJEC for science is just painful!

OMG if I did triple science my brain would EXPLODE. It looks so hard. You must be sooo smart. Your school is a pain in the ass.
Reply 8
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Why aren't u going physics higher?

No I don't have much confidence to do higher for physics, as it is a weak area of mine.
No I don't have much confidence to do higher for physics, as it is a weak area of mine.

Surely if you're capable of an A* in chemistry or biology you could at least get a B? No point limiting yourself..
Reply 10
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Surely if you're capable of an A* in chemistry or biology you could at least get a B? No point limiting yourself..

Thanks I mean I am limiting myself, because I have already learnt the higher physics as well. So when the easter break ends I can ask if it possible to do higher tier. Thank you:smile:
Thanks I mean I am limiting myself, because I have already learnt the higher physics as well. So when the easter break ends I can ask if it possible to do higher tier. Thank you:smile:

Hope it's not too late, would definitely be in your best interest to, good luck :smile:
Reply 12
This is really random but did you comment on the new buzzfeed video recently?

Overall most likely a High B or a Low A
Reply 14
Original post by lonyeka
This is really random but did you comment on the new buzzfeed video recently?

No what is it about? I watch some videos...
Reply 15
Original post by zXcodeXz
Overall most likely a High B or a Low A

Thanks for the help!:biggrin:
Thanks for the help!:biggrin:

Your welcome :smile:
OMG if I did triple science my brain would EXPLODE. It looks so hard. You must be sooo smart. Your school is a pain in the ass.

It's not that hard just an extra unit for all three sciences and not as bad if you revise and do past papers. The unit 3 papers are a lot about applying your knowledge in real life situations rather than straight forward questions but as long as you practice it's not that hard.
Reply 18
Original post by Tinka99
It's not that hard just an extra unit for all three sciences and not as bad if you revise and do past papers. The unit 3 papers are a lot about applying your knowledge in real life situations rather than straight forward questions but as long as you practice it's not that hard.

Ahhhhh makes more sense now. I just saw one past paper by accident and thought to myself I am so lucky I am not doing that. Good luck!
Ahhhhh makes more sense now. I just saw one past paper by accident and thought to myself I am so lucky I am not doing that. Good luck!

I actually feel confident about doing the course and also see it as being an advantage to me as I will be taking on all three sciences at A level. There is not too much content to the course to triple science at all but the type of questions which require you to apply your knowledge rather than just being straight forward can get quite nasty looking at the past papers.

I tried AQA unit 3 past papers the triple science ones and after getting C's and D's on them initially I finally managed to get A*/A grades on them after a damn load of revision and practice. It's the questions not the content that is tricky.

Quick Reply

Latest