The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiaswift
She straight up said from the start of the message that she doesn't care and that she's only messaging because people told her to. Then you decided to converse with her and started begging to be friends again. You're bringing this upon yourself. You said you were trying to get over her and then as soon as she asks how you are you're begging to her friend again. You deserved it, you knew that this is exactly how it would end up. Grow up.

I know. I was trying to get over her, then she messaged me and I was in free fall. I suddenly had some hope inside me. Then she took it all away.
Original post by believeteam22
Thanks I will check that post out.

I really cared about her. And we used to be very good friends. And I just keep thinking of the good memories I had with her, and it just makes me feel real sad. That she is a stranger to me now, she replaced me, she didn't care about her, she just tossed me aside. The pain is ridiculous.

I know I will learn from this, but I fear it will take a long time and I may never fully heal because this whole thing has physically and mentally drained me.

As for the anxiety/depression, it is definitely because of this whole thing. I feel extremely tense, it's like my chest feels closed up and it makes it hard to breathe..

1 main thing is I am struggling to accept reality and that she is gone and never going to be my friend again. I will discuss with this with the GP and therapist for sure.

you need to cut all ties with her, never every remember again, distract yourself from reality
Original post by katodizzle
Yeah I talked to my therapist about it and it helped so much, so definitely give that a chance.

Ok I hope so. I am battling with myself to stay calm. I feel like I will breakdown. And I have 2 weeks to get all my uni work done. :/ worst timing ever

Original post by thefatone
you need to cut all ties with her, never every remember again, distract yourself from reality

I have done that. Am trying but I feel like I will breakdown any time.

I have done that. Am trying but I feel like I will breakdown any time.

you haven't because emotionally and mentally you're still thinking about it
you haven't because emotionally and mentally you're still thinking about it

It's difficult not to think about it. I try to do other things but it doesn't help.
It's difficult not to think about it. I try to do other things but it doesn't help.

hmm i guess we found the problem, i know long time friends really do leave quite a lot of memories with you..
hmm i guess we found the problem, i know long time friends really do leave quite a lot of memories with you..

Yeah :frown: I really wish this never happened. It really ruined my last month or so of uni. I feel physical pain because of all the stress I have had due to this.
Yeah :frown: I really wish this never happened. It really ruined my last month or so of uni. I feel physical pain because of all the stress I have had due to this.

awww that sucks man i feel for you, you're a strong guy to get through this :smile: :h:
disclaimer
*sorry this may come across as slightly rude

you are only heartbroken and stung because you cared about that person and they didn't care about you, why spend more time mulling over this? Why put trust into someone who doesn't trust back? they don't care so you need to stop caring because they're getting on with their life while you're still living in the past. I'm certain all those panic attacks and all those mental disorders because you cared too much about that person. Yes they betrayed your trust, but what good is staying back there gonna do for you? you need to learn to grow a thick skin give no ****s about anyone but yourself, once you care more about yourself than others then you'll never come back to a low like you are now. This is a lesson to be learned, never fully 100% trust anyone, you call then your friends but are they truly your friends? ask yourself that.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3858445 <--- Ethereal World's thread, scroll down and you'll find the thick skin post(might be relevant might not be but check it out)

*note
stay strong you can pull through this, nothing helps a person to become strong better than dealing with betrayal of your trust....

you can do it :h: :bl::burnout::hump2::hump::reaper::rofl3::yum:

omg you linked my thread to help someone! ! :eek: Thank you !!

I'm so glad to see that you feel the posts are worthy of being referred to lol.

Although that post wasn't written by me :colonhash:

It was one of two guest posts lol but that's why the blog is bae
after some crap which can happen in life, be glad they told you rather than say nothing. as someone who has lost a few friends over the years, it is when they dont contact you or let you know that hurts more.
Oh God. I knew it was too good to be true. You're still hung up on her.
Original post by Airmed
Oh God. I knew it was too good to be true. You're still hung up on her.

Yeah. I am still in a pretty bad state. GP in the morning and a phone call with the therapist in the afternoon tomorrow.
Yeah. I am still in a pretty bad state. GP in the morning and a phone call with the therapist in the afternoon tomorrow.

Wait how did she end up sending you this message? I thought you were blocked everywhere and on holidays. Please don't tell me you yet again tried to contact her and argue your case. We've been down that road so many times before and the end is nye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frozen_fire
Wait how did she end up sending you this message? I thought you were blocked everywhere and on holidays. Please don't tell me you yet again tried to contact her and argue your case. We've been down that road so many times before and the end is nye.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was blocked and currently on easter break. She unblocked and sent a message. I was shocked and suddenly had some hope so yeah I did try to be friends again..and yeah you saw what happened.

I have a telephone call with a therapist tomorrow. I'm thinking what exactly do tell them..
I was blocked and currently on easter break. She unblocked and sent a message. I was shocked and suddenly had some hope so yeah I did try to be friends again..and yeah you saw what happened.

I have a telephone call with a therapist tomorrow. I'm thinking what exactly do tell them..

To clarify- what was the message she first sent when she unblocked you? Surely she didn't unblock you just to say 'I will never be your friend again etc' cos it sounds like you must have provoked her with the 'let's try again' remark beforehand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 175
Make new friends, lol
But we already told you this 2 years ago

No need to lie to me earlier, cant say I was impressed.

Why nor print these threads off and let the therapist read the, then they can get an idea where you are? Your behaviour is something everyone else can see but you are unaware of. I hope they give you some exercises that can help you to focus on the future and let go.
I know. I was trying to get over her, then she messaged me and I was in free fall. I suddenly had some hope inside me. Then she took it all away.

Good, she did take it all away from you. She hates you. You don't have her, can't hold her or even see her, simply because this person hates you regardless of the reason. You will never have any kind of relationship with her. Focus on yourself.
I just came back from the GP. She said that I am suffering from a lot of anxiety and panic attacks. :frown:
I just came back from the GP. She said that I am suffering from a lot of anxiety and panic attacks. :frown:

Have you blocked this girl again?

Latest

Trending

Trending