The Student Room Group

LNAT prep

Hi guys so basically i did my first practise test on the LNAT and it got 19/42, which is bad considering the fact that i wish to apply to Oxford. Therefore, does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare?
Reply 1
Original post by davinaxo
Hi guys so basically i did my first practise test on the LNAT and it got 19/42, which is bad considering the fact that i wish to apply to Oxford. Therefore, does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare?

Work on each question in an incredibly methodical manner.

First, single out maybe one or two options which are certainly not true, but only do this is you can literally prove they are not correct with evidence from the extract.

Secondly, when you think you have the right answer, go through a series of logic checks. Search for ways the answer could be wrong, and disprove them with hard evidence. Only select an answer when you are categorically certain it has to be true, and you've disproved any counter-arguments against it that you have thought of.

By following this, you will reduce the amount of silly errors you make, and discover when you are wrong and can correct it.
(edited 8 years ago)
For me it was a matter of practice makes perfect.

Once you attempt some more sample papers, you will adjust to the wording of the questions and start to identify question patterns.

Regarding the essay, just keep up to date with current affairs and common topics for debate. just make sure that you lay out your argue, a potential opposing argument, and then counter rebut it.

Hope this helps and good luck with your LNAT ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending