The Student Room Group

Masters loans/placement years

Hi,

I've been offered a place on a full time taught masters with a placement year in the second year. The campus based aspect of the course is for the first year only, limiting the number of hours I can work, and the full cost of the masters will be payable in 3 installments over that academic year.

I need to know whether this is classed as a one year or 2 year course, and whether therefore the maximum support I would received per year would be £5000 (which would mean being unable to afford course fees for the first year, but getting an extra £5000 in the second year when I'm already earning a reasonable salary on placement), as this will dictate whether I can take a placement year or not.

Any advice gratefully received,

Kind regards,

Martha
Original post by Simplicitytheory
Hi,

I've been offered a place on a full time taught masters with a placement year in the second year. The campus based aspect of the course is for the first year only, limiting the number of hours I can work, and the full cost of the masters will be payable in 3 installments over that academic year.

I need to know whether this is classed as a one year or 2 year course, and whether therefore the maximum support I would received per year would be £5000 (which would mean being unable to afford course fees for the first year, but getting an extra £5000 in the second year when I'm already earning a reasonable salary on placement), as this will dictate whether I can take a placement year or not.

Any advice gratefully received,

Kind regards,

Martha

You should speak to the university concerned - it will depend on what they tell SLC whether it is classed as one year or 2 year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending