The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RueXO
Does LSE look at the AS which is to be dropped? So if I get A*AA and a B or C in philosophy and ethics (the subject I'm dropping this year) will I be at a disadvantage with LSE? (For law)

Offer holder for Economics here. I was in the same position as you last year, thought if I didn't get AAAA there was no point applying (with sub par GCSEs and no valid reasons).

I ended up getting AABC, applying for the most competitive course at the university, and hold an offer. There's a lot more they assess, other than grades. Just try your best, good luck!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JodieHarriett18
I got AAAB at AS, dropped the B and got an offer for law at LSE. I would definitely suggest nothing lower than a B though, I was predicted 3A* as well if that helps.

Also, as another disadvantage I am taking 2 of the new reformed a levels😬 So I won't have an AS in English lit of psychology 😒 I will have them in math, philosophy and ethics and creative writing though but they don't look as creative writing as a proper subject. ( I chose it as a 5th BC my college makes us do a 5th and it was between creative writing and general studies, critical thinking etc so I took it lol)
Original post by thelion786
Offer holder for Economics here. I was in the same position as you last year, thought if I didn't get AAAA there was no point applying (with sub par GCSEs and no valid reasons).

I ended up getting AABC, applying for the most competitive course at the university, and hold an offer. There's a lot more they assess, other than grades. Just try your best, good luck!

They don't care about UMS, Do they?
Original post by RueXO
They don't care about UMS, Do they?

They asked me for my UMS scores, but not sure if that was just for my course. They do see them, but as I said they make decisions based on very broad topics.
Original post by JohnGreek
They ask all Econ and Econ&Maths applicants for their UMS, if I'm not mistaken (or at least did so this year, with the previous AS/A2 system). They haven't done so for Law.

Yeah I didn't even give then my UMS, just my overall grades at AS
They ask all Econ and Econ&Maths applicants for their UMS, if I'm not mistaken (or at least did so this year, with the previous AS/A2 system). They haven't done so for Law.
asked for mine for PPE I think it's any subject requiring an A*
Ah - I didn't know that :3
Law's A*AA and doesn't ask for UMS, so it would be quite interesting to see which other subjects do ask for your module scores

Maybe anything with economics as part of it, the E in PPE
Reply 387
Ah - I didn't know that :3
Law's A*AA and doesn't ask for UMS, so it would be quite interesting to see which other subjects do ask for your module scores

I have an offer for law and they asked me for my UMS scores
Original post by tome97
I have an offer for law and they asked me for my UMS scores

Are you international or applying via a different route, eg access?
What percentage of lse students are from uk and not from uk?
Original post by thestarter
What percentage of lse students are from uk and not from uk?

Undergrad = 50/50
Total uni = 65/35 with more internationals
Reply 391
Original post by JodieHarriett18
I got AAAB at AS, dropped the B and got an offer for law at LSE. I would definitely suggest nothing lower than a B though, I was predicted 3A* as well if that helps.

i got AACD in alevels and still got an offer, most important thing is the PS
Original post by JT0121
i got AACD in alevels and still got an offer, most important thing is the PS

What course? I thought my personal statement was quite strong but I also got 4As
Guys, posted this on the accommodation thread as well..
I am applying for accommodation after receiving my offer for law. I was wondering.. for the option in the Application Form about whether I would consider another hall or another type of room, should I tick yes? Perhaps this would affect my offer for accommodation? I am thinking that I would end up with an expensive hall or a shared room, as opposed to my single room at Carr-Saunders, Rosebery or Passfield..What did you choose at that particular question?
Original post by alexlawyer
Guys, posted this on the accommodation thread as well..
I am applying for accommodation after receiving my offer for law. I was wondering.. for the option in the Application Form about whether I would consider another hall or another type of room, should I tick yes? Perhaps this would affect my offer for accommodation? I am thinking that I would end up with an expensive hall or a shared room, as opposed to my single room at Carr-Saunders, Rosebery or Passfield..What did you choose at that particular question?

I ticked yes and I just made sure all my rooms were ones that i wanted, I got offered my first anyway :P
Original post by James_mc
I ticked yes and I just made sure all my rooms were ones that i wanted, I got offered my first anyway :P

I didn't have the patience anymore and sent my application form, after ticking no. I just thought that I don't want an offer for a more expensive single or a shared room that I can't turn down after that, so.. Hope I don't end up living on the street :smile:)
What hall did you choose anyway and when did you apply for accommodation?
By the way, thank you for your response anyway :smile:
I didn't have the patience anymore and sent my application form, after ticking no. I just thought that I don't want an offer for a more expensive single or a shared room that I can't turn down after that, so.. Hope I don't end up living on the street :smile:)
What hall did you choose anyway and when did you apply for accommodation?
By the way, thank you for your response anyway :smile:

Hi Alex
My son ticked no and ended up with his first choice of Carr Saunders single. Hope this helps.😀
Original post by Cholesta
Hi Alex
My son ticked no and ended up with his first choice of Carr Saunders single. Hope this helps.😀

It really does! :smile: Thank you very much! What was his first choice?
Original post by Cholesta
Hi Alex

Wow, so tired, I didn't even see I was asking something you already mentioned. My bad :frown:
Wow, so tired, I didn't even see I was asking something you already mentioned. My bad :frown:

Haha, all that studying!! After much research he decided that Carr Saunders was the one he liked best. It sounds really sociable and in a great location. Where is your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending