The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would be a massive risk by the board to keep LVG. He's had 2 years now and while he's done some good work with the squad from the Moyes era, he's not shown he's the man who's going to take the team to the next level. He's only got one more year on his deal anyway so you're only delaying things by 12 months in keeping him. The league now has Conte and Pep coming in, Klopp in this year, Poch and even the likes of Bilic around now too, plus the ever present Wenger in the background. Of the top managers capable of mixing it with those lot Jose is really one of the only ones who looks to be available we miss him now, even if LVG won the league next season he's still stated he intends to retire pretty soon.

I would think Jose is nailed on. Think we could see a different side to Jose. He's been angling for the United job since his Madrid days, and I think while the long term manager is a rare breed I think he certainly will want to build a 'team' so to speak.
(edited 8 years ago)
I want to see TFM starting as a DM on Sunday.

But that'll only happen if we have injuries because LVG the master of dishing out youth debuts.
Original post by Dirtybit
Not a chance that is true. Di Marzio saying Mourinho is going to United so it's going to happen. Same guy who said Conte to Chelsea last year.

If we win FA cup and get top 4 I'll still be happy because LVG is leaving regardless.

I think you're wrong but we'll see

Original post by KingKoala
I could see LVG staying for another year if we come 4th and win the FA cup.

Free the realness

I want to see TFM starting as a DM on Sunday.

But that'll only happen if we have injuries because LVG the master of dishing out youth debuts.

TFM will start but not in a central position. I think he has a future at United as LVG likes him and if Jose was to come, he's exactly the kinda player he likes too.

Perrira and Januzaj have no future though
TFM got the physical side covered. Troy Deeney can confirm that.

Don't see why Mou is such a far-fetched idea. Van Gaal has simply failed to deliver after 2 seasons. With Klopp and now Pep and Conte I don't think the board will pass up on having the best manager available.
Like I said before TFM is the only one who is nailed on to be a First team/Squad player
Like I said before TFM is the only one who is nailed on to be a First team/Squad player

Lol what about Pereira mate
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lol what about Pereira mate

I never said he's nailed on to be a first team player mate, however that doesn't mean is not good enough
I never said he's nailed on to be a first team player mate, however that doesn't mean is not good enough

Aww
Aww

however, Phillip Jones is fat and needs to leave asap
People finally realising Januzaj wasn't all that. Hype n ting.
however, Phillip Jones is fat and needs to leave asap

Phil Jones' ceiling is higher than Desailly in his prime
Original post by Rk2k14
People finally realising Januzaj wasn't all that. Hype n ting.

He is all that

Aww

You never used to join in on the banter as much as you do now, what's changed John?
Original post by zKlown
You never used to join in on the banter as much as you do now, what's changed John?

People want banter so I give them banter. I am a man of the people.

Agree on Adnan. He's still gonna be the greatest shadow-striker to ever walk this earth.
oh bare banter
oh bare banter

What are you gonna do if after all this hype, Mourinho goes to Valencia instead?

Ngl I'd be pissed if it were me.
LVG trying to **** up Mourinho with the Telegraaf piece but apparently the guy who is reporting was the same one pushing the Sneijder to United rumours back in the day but I really don't think anyone knows with any degree of confidence what will happen. I don't think even Woodward does - he's hoping a top four/FA Cup means he can get away with keeping LVG for another year but Mourinho is available and I don't think it'll be as traumatic as many people suggest.
Original post by Lúcio
What are you gonna do if after all this hype, Mourinho goes to Valencia instead?

Ngl I'd be pissed if it were me.

Pls, we all know that's not happening
Original post by Aky786UK
LVG trying to **** up Mourinho with the Telegraaf piece but apparently the guy who is reporting was the same one pushing the Sneijder to United rumours back in the day but I really don't think anyone knows with any degree of confidence what will happen. I don't think even Woodward does - he's hoping a top four/FA Cup means he can get away with keeping LVG for another year but Mourinho is available and I don't think it'll be as traumatic as many people suggest.

Pls, we all know that's not happening

Yeah but what if it does? Like srsly.

LVG stays and DDG leaves. Instant bottom half finish.
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah but what if it does? Like srsly.

LVG stays and DDG leaves. Instant bottom half finish.

Yeah probably but one things for sure, we'll still finish above Liverpool and do the double over you as per usual with LVG

Latest