The Student Room Group

Let's have a chit chat :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
I would love to, I need to get my instruments from the attic as my mum hides them because she finds it so annoying that I play really loudly and disturb the house lol. :tongue: and wow I've never heard of it, I've tried a few programmes but they sound horrendous when I make a beat so I just forget about it.

Haha, it's on Raspberry Pi's and I've heard what other people have done with it and it sounds good; whether I'm of that calibre is another question entirely :tongue:

Original post by Amellia123
Haha aww no! Thing is though, I literally know nothing! How did you do at AS? (if you don't mind me asking)

Last year it averaged out as a C at A2, trying to up it
Original post by leavingthecity
I think @Supersaps recommended me Ludivico Einaudi the other day????

I'm more into Chopin, Debussy, Grieg, etc a bit predictable....I've discovered John Fields fairly recently (embarrassingly) and who is not too well known generally, though was like an English Chopin and Chopins greatest influence apparently. He invented the Nocturne as we know it. You should have a listen!

Will do.

Thanks. :u:
Original post by Andy98
Haha, it's on Raspberry Pi's and I've heard what other people have done with it and it sounds good; whether I'm of that calibre is another question entirely :tongue:

Ahh I see, yeah I got a C overall at AS last year, and same, I'm retaking C1 and C2 this year. So many exams :tongue:
@stefano865

Einaudi is one of my favourites! He's got something for everyone, I think. He's great for beginners because his music isn't so highbrow but he's brilliant for more experienced listeners to as he has some great ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdDDY5nVA3A

I can't explain how this makes me feel but the world being a good place is a thread of it.

Which are your favourites?
Ahh I see, yeah I got a C overall at AS last year, and same, I'm retaking C1 and C2 this year. So many exams :tongue:

I'm retaking C1 and S1 too :tongue:

Got 10 exams, 1 isn't maths :bawling:
Also, going to give a shout out to Elgar and Holst, my home boys.

Bach soo good. What that man couldn't do with an organ isn't worth talking about

[video="youtube;ipzR9bhei_o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o[/video]

Ridiculously good
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I am not :3 but my brother and my sister both play piano so I am a piano fan :ahee: ( as a listener :biggrin: )

Are you a musician ?

You should ask them to teach you! You probably have it in your genes if they can do it!
Original post by Andy98
I'm retaking C1 and S1 too :tongue:

Got 10 exams, 1 isn't maths :bawling:

I would have done S1 aswell but it was just too hard :tongue:
I have 11, but only 5 are maths..... that is a lot of maths exams!!! :eek:
Original post by leavingthecity
You should ask them to teach you! You probably have it in your genes if they can do it!

Yeaaah I planned it already :lol: let's wait and see :ahee:

Spoiler

That title sound so intimidating, as if you're going to handcuff me to a chair and rip out my fingernails or some other torture a criminal genius might employ.
I would have done S1 aswell but it was just too hard :tongue:
I have 11, but only 5 are maths..... that is a lot of maths exams!!! :eek:

Haha OK
Yup :sadnod:
Original post by Andy98
Haha OK
Yup :sadnod:

It was the whole perms and combs thing I couldn't do :lol:

And how is the Further Maths? It looks really hard
Original post by kkboyk
Fun and dangerous. It can deprive you of life when there's too much of it :frown:

Aww that is true, I once nearly bought some to play with but I realised I would get addicted.
Original post by Andy98

Aww I am sure it is good. I'm guessing you like rap music then?

Original post by Wewuz Hebrews
That title sound so intimidating, as if you're going to handcuff me to a chair and rip out my fingernails or some other torture a criminal genius might employ.

Haha yeah you got me. Sorry I didn't use the direct approach
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Yeaaah I planned it already :lol: let's wait and see :ahee:

Spoiler

Are your siblings any good?

Can you sing? I can play instruments but my singing sounds like a fire in a pet shop.
Original post by Supersaps
@stefano865

Einaudi is one of my favourites! He's got something for everyone, I think. He's great for beginners because his music isn't so highbrow but he's brilliant for more experienced listeners to as he has some great ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdDDY5nVA3A

I can't explain how this makes me feel but the world being a good place is a thread of it.

Which are your favourites?

I also like Nuvole Bianche a lot. :biggrin:

'Islands' - Essential Einaudi is a fantastic album. :excited:

'Berlin Song' is probably my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhfwI3gIkzA

Also like these slightly less well known ones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlqveHeHpfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdSMZTSRQNc

:wink:
Aww I am sure it is good. I'm guessing you like rap music then?

Yeah, it's helped me through a few rough patches

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was the whole perms and combs thing I couldn't do :lol:

And how is the Further Maths? It looks really hard

Don't remind me :hide:

It's harder than it looks:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Don't remind me :hide:

It's harder than it looks:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha oops sorry :tongue: at least the whole SD and spearman's rank isn't too bad!

Ahh I see - God that is difficult!! :eek:
Aww that is true, I once nearly bought some to play with but I realised I would get addicted.

At school at D&T department, there was a box full of them so I started popping it without realising its supposed to be for a project. hat's worse about that is that I spent hours just popping it :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest