The Student Room Group

Warwick - or gap year and Oxford for law?

Hi!
I'm an EU student who's graduating Upper Secondary School this year and wants to study law in the U.K. next year. I've currently put Warwick as my firm choice as I know that they have an excellent reputation for Law. However, since I badly want to get a job at a Magic Circle/US top Law firm after graduation, I am now considering maybe taking a gap year and re-applying to better Unis such as Oxford and Durham next year. Would it be worth it, or am I just being unnecessarily paranoid?
Warwick will get you to MC.

It depends on whether you're willing to take a year out, and whether you think you have a good chance of successfully applying to Oxford.
Original post by koeman02
Hi!
I'm an EU student who's graduating Upper Secondary School this year and wants to study law in the U.K. next year. I've currently put Warwick as my firm choice as I know that they have an excellent reputation for Law. However, since I badly want to get a job at a Magic Circle/US top Law firm after graduation, I am now considering maybe taking a gap year and re-applying to better Unis such as Oxford and Durham next year. Would it be worth it, or am I just being unnecessarily paranoid?

I second the above comment. It depends on whether you want to take a year off to apply for Oxford and Durham. Otherwise, you will have a good chance of making it to the MC provided that you have the grades and skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending