The Student Room Group

This is why guys have no chance when it comes to online dating

Someone on reddit did an ''experiment'' to see what would happen when a girl most people would consider below average to average attractiveness posted on their "amiugly" subreddit

Pic of the girl:

http://i.imgur.com/RSXZNGx.jpg

As you can see from the images all the white knights are gonna make her ego skyrocket and make her think she's a model or smth lmao
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

beauty is only skin deep. it is what is inside you that matters.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can't you link the actual post instead of screenshots of the comments?
I don't understand the point you're trying to make?
Beauty is subjective yo
Original post by BristolFresher15
I don't understand the point you're trying to make?

Although I am not sure if it's legit, I believe the point is guys tend to have lower standards and build a girls ego up which makes her think she's above certain guys.
Original post by the bear
beauty is only skin deep. it is what is inside you that matters.

my organs?
Reply 7
Original post by Dinasaurus
Although I am not sure if it's legit, I believe the point is guys tend to have lower standards and build a girls ego up which makes her think she's above certain guys.

lol if this girl takes what the guys on there have said to heart, she will literally think she's 9/10 and will shun like 95% of guys that try chat her up lmao
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8

Its not even lower standards really though. It's desperation. Its desperation that makes these guys shower even the ugly girls with praise and adoration
she's not bad I'd shag her. guys on there going ott though.

Fair enough. I was slightly confused, so thanks for explaining (unlike OP who is apparently still bitter that even the ugly ones find him unsavory).

That does seem like a fair point one can make, but don't you think these certain guys the said girls would think they're above are actually the ones driving them towards it?

Constantly complimenting a girl is usually seen as a sign of desperation and therefore a turn off.
Reply 11
Original post by banterboy
she's not bad I'd shag her. guys on there going ott though.

lol really?

her eyes look weird to me - like they didnt develop 100% properly during birth or smth
(edited 8 years ago)
surely she should be able to see through that sort of transparent flattery...if these guys were sincere in how attractive they found this normal looking girl they'd cream their pants every time they walk down the street.
is it just pointing out how thirsty blokes online are (or can be)
Are you serious? She's below average to average looking? :lolwut: What does that make me, a disfigured gargoyle?
Imo she isn't below average :/

But thirsty men on reddit will be thirsty. That's why they're on reddit - it's hardly a representative sample.
Original post by BristolFresher15
Fair enough. I was slightly confused, so thanks for explaining (unlike OP who is apparently still bitter that even the ugly ones find him unsavory).

That does seem like a fair point one can make, but don't you think these certain guys the said girls would think they're above are actually the ones driving them towards it?

Constantly complimenting a girl is usually seen as a sign of desperation and therefore a turn off.

Apologies but I couldn't really figure out what that meant and yeah I guess constantly complimenting is weird but this was on reddit and not a dating site, so the guys wouldn't be expecting anything more or at least they shouldn't be.
Original post by Nihilisme
Someone on reddit did an ''experiment'' to see what would happen when a girl most people would consider below average to average attractiveness posted on their "amiugly" subreddit

Pic of the girl:

http://i.imgur.com/RSXZNGx.jpg

As you can see from the images all the white knights are gonna make her ego skyrocket and make her think she's a model or smth lmao

But then that implies you would want to date the above girl... if you cared?

She can be as delusional as she wants, I'll be busy dating other girls who don't listen to ****boys lol
Original post by IFoundWonderland

But thirsty men on reddit will be thirsty. That's why they're on reddit - it's hardly a representative sample.

Do you think she's even worse than below average? I wouldn't say she's that bad.
Reply 19
Original post by IFoundWonderland

Actually it is.

Reddit has 231 million unique monthly visitors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending