The Student Room Group

what's youre favourate japanese / anime songs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kieran12321LFC
You're quite right

in otherwords people who like michael jackson, nirvana, taylor swift, and most forms of music are sad.
Original post by quasa
in otherwords people who like michael jackson, nirvana, taylor swift, and most forms of music are sad.

All the people that I personally know who like Jpop and Kpop are complete weirdo's and I'm fairly sure that they're not anomalous
Original post by Cll_ws
Not a big anime fan, so can't offer much there. But I used to enjoy going to concerts when I lived in Japan, whether I knew the bands playing or not, and I discovered a lot of the Japanese bands that I listen to that way. Here's a few I like...
]

no problem. I mainly included anime in the title as most people arent familiar with japanese music outside anime (me included). weirdly, I heard of man with a mission first because they collaborated with an act I like called zebrahead (after that it was through iron-blooded orphans and seven deadly sins anime). similar case with boom boom satelites as they had a song remixed by the rapper flo rida and taj mohry (played the main character in smart guy and plays tucker in baby dady) - the original song was better imo
this is one i like

also i like angel beats opening...

[video="youtube;zIFV8UUs1-c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIFV8UUs1-c[/video]
Original post by quasa
ah, spotted gundam. you seen other series minus G-gundam (the fate/zero amv has the theme from 00 s1)

gundam is a funny one, because I will watch about half of a series and then stop because I won't be interested enough to continue. but for what it's worth, I have watched gundam endless waltz all the way through, and that's a brilliant movie/series (it's weird how it's both a series and a movie, just like macross plus, or one of those macross series). I've watched gundam wing and gundam the 08th MS team half way, and I've seen maybe 10 episodes of G gundam. gundam x looks quite good but by the time I heard of it I had lost most of my interest in gundam. gundam seed looks pretty awful to be honest (yeah that's controversial, I know) and the newer gundams minus the most recent one look pretty mediocre
All the people that I personally know who like Jpop and Kpop are complete weirdo's and I'm fairly sure that they're not anomalous

tbh, not all people who like k and j pop are weirdos (you would be surprised how many healthcare professionals ie a lot of doctors, dentists, pharmacists and optometrists in their early-late 20s like anime)
Original post by AlmightyJesus
gundam is a funny one, because I will watch about half of a series and then stop because I won't be interested enough to continue. but for what it's worth, I have watched gundam endless waltz all the way through, and that's a brilliant movie/series (it's weird how it's both a series and a movie, just like macross plus, or one of those macross series). I've watched gundam wing and gundam the 08th MS team half way, and I've seen maybe 10 episodes of G gundam. gundam x looks quite good but by the time I heard of it I had lost most of my interest in gundam. gundam seed looks pretty awful to be honest (yeah that's controversial, I know) and the newer gundams minus the most recent one look pretty mediocre

with gundam, i agree most is mediocre. but my fav ones are weirdly some of the newer ones: 00 and iron-blooded orphans (former is 2007-2009 and latter is ongoing / will resume in october) are pretty good. seed is an interesting one: first half of SEED is good. afterwards it goes downhill and any credibility of being a good series gets destroyed by SEED destiny. turn A is supposed to be good but is long. unicorn is worth checking out as it is 7 episodes long but too much cgi influence if you hate that sort of stuff

if you do see 00 avoid the movie (originally the main plot points were supposed to be for the SEED movie after destiny but the main writer / directors wife had cancer so the project was postponed and ended up as the 00 movie - which is crap minus the fights)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by quasa
tbh, not all people who like k and j pop are weirdos (you would be surprised how many healthcare professionals ie a lot of doctors, dentists, pharmacists and optometrists in their early-late 20s like anime)

Obvs not all the people will be odd, but the vast majority are

lets just agree 50:50 odd:not odd (thats from personal experience anyways)
Reply 29
Original post by quasa
I heard of man with a mission first because they collaborated with an act I like called zebrahead (after that it was through iron-blooded orphans and seven deadly sins anime).

Strangely enough, I actually saw Zebrahead in Japan :tongue:

They were supported by a Japanese band called "Another Story",
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cll_ws
Strangely enough, I actually saw Zebrahead in Japan :tongue:

They were supported by a Japanese band called "Another Story",

cool. out of curiosity: whats your opinion of

Spoiler

Reply 31
Original post by quasa

Spoiler

Know some of Hoobastank's stuff, but not enough to comment on them, and non of their most recent stuff. Sorry!

Not the vast majority, just the people who you hear about. Most of us stay hidden so we don't have to deal with people that think like you.
Original post by Cll_ws
Know some of Hoobastank's stuff, but not enough to comment on them, and non of their most recent stuff. Sorry!

no worries. I myself loved their first album (japanese edition was best as it had a really hard to find bonus track from the scorpion king). second album I liked a few songs of it (I loathe the reason with a passion but like same direction and out of control). all albums afterwards sucked (although there are a couple of songs I liked from them)
Original post by shibbikitteh
Not the vast majority, just the people who you hear about. Most of us stay hidden so we don't have to deal with people that think like you.

I think like the rest of the silent majority. I do realise that I'm being judgemental, but people naturally are
Original post by Plagioclase
[video="youtube;o8LPK6nh0rU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8LPK6nh0rU&ab_channel=BlueFireTigerLion[/video]

All abroad the feel train 😥😢🚞
Original post by zanner
oh and this is my favourite anime song bc of context

[video="youtube;7PkbqdAFIRU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PkbqdAFIRU[/video]

Spoiler

I'm not sure why but I feel a strange sense of pride at the fact that this song has its own concert with such a huge audience.
buiikikaesu by maximum the hormone [video="youtube;-2wO8ovDSNg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2wO8ovDSNg[/video]
Favourite from anime is 「F」, which was in the film Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F [video="youtube;LtYWTj3ef3M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtYWTj3ef3M[/video]
Original post by NotNotBatman
Favourite from anime is 「F」, which was in the film Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F [video="youtube;LtYWTj3ef3M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtYWTj3ef3M[/video]

weirdly enough I like the song for dragon ball super

Quick Reply

Latest