The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexlawyer
I didn't have the patience anymore and sent my application form, after ticking no. I just thought that I don't want an offer for a more expensive single or a shared room that I can't turn down after that, so.. Hope I don't end up living on the street :smile:)
What hall did you choose anyway and when did you apply for accommodation?
By the way, thank you for your response anyway :smile:

I got passfield which was my preference but i was choosing between the same three as you are :smile: Im sure you wont i applied two weeks ago and heard a week later
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by James_mc
I got passfield which was my preference but i was choosing between the same three as you are :smile: Im sure you wont i applied two weeks ago and heard a week later

I put Passfield as my first choice, hopefully I get it :redface:
Original post by Cholesta
Haha, all that studying!! After much research he decided that Carr Saunders was the one he liked best. It sounds really sociable and in a great location. Where is your first choice?

I really liked Rosebery. Carr-Saunders is my second choice.
I don't know, when I researched the halls, this one, Rosebery felt like the right fit for me, although I have to say that I was tempted to put Carr-Saunders.Then I started thinking that being a 31 week contract, I don't have a place to leave my stuff and since I am an international student, carrying them back with me every holiday felt like a difficult situation to find myself into. I saw that Rosebery had both 31 and 38 week contract, so hopefully I get to meet someone I can trust and who would be so kind as to keep some of my stuff in his room while on holidays. Hope everything will be fine :smile:
I really liked Rosebery. Carr-Saunders is my second choice.
I don't know, when I researched the halls, this one, Rosebery felt like the right fit for me, although I have to say that I was tempted to put Carr-Saunders.Then I started thinking that being a 31 week contract, I don't have a place to leave my stuff and since I am an international student, carrying them back with me every holiday felt like a difficult situation to find myself into. I saw that Rosebery had both 31 and 38 week contract, so hopefully I get to meet someone I can trust and who would be so kind as to keep some of my stuff in his room while on holidays. Hope everything will be fine :smile:

I think you can pay to get your things stored. Don't think you'll find it a problem. My daughter's at university in Scotland and a group of them pay a small amount to get their belongings stored. We live in Ireland so there's no point in bringing everything home.
Original post by Cholesta
I think you can pay to get your things stored. Don't think you'll find it a problem. My daughter's at university in Scotland and a group of them pay a small amount to get their belongings stored. We live in Ireland so there's no point in bringing everything home.

Oh, I see. It didn't occur to me, but then again, I really liked the hall. It is a great advice, though! Thank you :smile:
Oh, I see. It didn't occur to me, but then again, I really liked the hall. It is a great advice, though! Thank you :smile:

LSE passfield allows you to leave 1 bag during the XMAS and Easter break at no charge. I expect the others will offer this service. There is a limit on the dimensions but I don't think they check it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 406
I'm a first year law student at LSE right now and I'm on the committee of Carr Saunders Halls so feel free to ask me any questions about the accommodation or LSE in general.
Is it possible to defer an offer to next year if I wish to take a gap year?
Bankside or Passfield?
Original post by DanAlam
I'm a first year law student at LSE right now and I'm on the committee of Carr Saunders Halls so feel free to ask me any questions about the accommodation or LSE in general.

Is the bar in the basement still in use??
Reply 410
Original post by hannahk4y
Is the bar in the basement still in use??

Hasn't been used this year because of construction. Not sure about next year, but we'll do open bars for big events like for freshers events, Halloween etc
Hi. I am from India doing my IBDP from Switzerland. I have been offered BSC Sociology from LSE and Information Management for Business from UCL. Being from Asian background what are the post course employment options fro me especially with the new VISA rules which have come into effect from April 2016 for Tier -II Work Permit. I want forum inputs whether I should choose one of these courses and if yes which one would have better prospects of getting a job immediately after completing the course. Alternatively should I consider BA in Economics from UoT in Canada. Thanks
Original post by AmarPatel98
Is it possible to defer an offer to next year if I wish to take a gap year?

yep, my friend changed his conditional offer to deferred entry. He just explained to his department he was doing work experience and travelling etc. and they allowed it
Original post by DanAlam

Hi,

Is there a SkySports football subscription package in Carr Saunders or BT Sports football? Or better even both!!!! Where do students go to catch up on footy?

Many thanks in advance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Everyone,
I have accommodation at High Holborn, for a single room, £236 a week.

Is anyone interested in changing their accommodation?
Please contact me because I really don't want to stay here, but I do want to live in Halls for the first year.

Thanks
hi just want to ask if i missed the grades marginally that i need for law at lse this year, will they consider me ? i am just really worried this happening after exams
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by adriansiuyikto
hi just want to ask if i missed the grades marginally that i need for law at lse this year, will they consider me ? i am just really worried this happening after exams

Same situation. LSE offer is hard to get, I got it but gonna miss it...
Original post by astarstar
Same situation. LSE offer is hard to get, I got it but gonna miss it...

You got offer for law as well?
It's so annoying that when I first got my lse offer, i thought it was too good to be true and was sure that they'd made a mistake in giving me an offer.
And now cus of how badly i've done, there's only a slim hance of me getting in. And its all my stupid fault that i didn't prepare and revise enough for the exams.
So i'm most likely going to go to City, or just work at my Asda
And now leaving the EU has now got me doubly depressed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
It's so annoying that when I first got my lse offer, i thought it was too good to be true and was sure that they'd made a mistake in giving me an offer.
And now cus of how badly i've done, there's only a slim hance of me getting in. And its all my stupid fault that i didn't prepare and revise enough for the exams.
So i'm most likely going to go to City, or just work at my Asda
And now leaving the EU has now got me doubly depressed.

No point worrying about it now.

Either go to City or work at Asda and reapply to LSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending