The Student Room Group

Why do people with darker skin never dye their hair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by G8D
Can you dye a weave?

You can buy weave in any colour under the sun. Why on earth would you buy it in one colour then go through the effort of dyeing to another colour?
Original post by JMACM98
That's fine :smile: I know, I was only insisting about the red hair not generally

Well you were insisting she doesn't dye her own hair, she does.
And back to the thread topic, not just light skinned people like wuhhh? :s-smilie:
Reply 42
I think i would look generally weird, especially because we don't see it a lot.

Many celebs who aren't black or brown have their hair coloured e.g... Sia, lady gaga, bieber, etc. they're are mostly always in the limelight so its never really showed that often i guess.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I was thinking about what it would look like and I can't imagine it, I've occasionally seen some black people with like blonde hair or girls with like red hair but I've never seen a black or brown person with like dyed hair, why does it rarely happen?

Is it cultural or does it just not look as good?

Neither. However it is partially the last. You see, there are few, if any, naturally blonde/red Africans/Asians/Arabs/South Americans etc. Therefore, it looks un-natural, akin to that of someone with pink hair, for example. Therefore it is somewhat outgoing to dye your hair if you are of this origin.
Original post by balanced
Neither. However it is partially the last. You see, there are few, if any, naturally blonde/red Africans/Asians/Arabs/South Americans etc. Therefore, it looks un-natural, akin to that of someone with pink hair, for example. Therefore it is somewhat outgoing to dye your hair if you are of this origin.

I think pink hair looks good though, I see a lot of East Asians with dyed hair and it looks good.

I'm talking more about neon colours not like natural colours.
9d89e00bef319526bde526f86614dd69.jpg

Just depends on where you look. (you have to click it)
Original post by shibbikitteh
9d89e00bef319526bde526f86614dd69.jpg

Just depends on where you look. (you have to click it)

Those people arent very dark at all.
Very light brown actually.
they are trying to avoid blickness
If I dye my hair neon purple I'd look like a half opened cadbury bar...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alkaline.
they are trying to avoid blickness

ROFL
Original post by Lawbringer
Those people arent very dark at all.
Very light brown actually.

Black is black though. Shade is irrelevant.
Original post by MaskedOne00
If I dye my hair neon purple I'd look like a half open cadbury bar...

Maybe some people like the chocolate

Not really though and I said darker skinned not just black.

Like brown people too.
Maybe some people like the chocolate

Yeah!
And after that I am going to ask people if they'd like to eat me? lmao

So you only see white yellow and black people?
Not really though and I said darker skinned not just black.

Like brown people too.

Yeah really though, they may not be dark enough for you to use as a point, but they'll still not white, so therefore black is black. Also black people are darker skinned...

I agree. People are categorised vainly in terms of colour. Not even intending to be racist but you can either be black or white? No one actually cares if your a mocha coffee frappe brown. I am being general not a pendatic
Original post by Lawbringer
So you only see white yellow and black people?

How is that a logical comment in response to what I said.
Pedantic*
Yeah really though, they may not be dark enough for you to use as a point, but they'll still not white, so therefore black is black. Also black people are darker skinned...

Yeah black people are darker skinned but I didn't mean only black people.

Black generally doesn't mean skin tone but heritage, some very light people consider themselves black.

Whereas some Asians or whatever else have darker skin than those black people.

I have an Auntie with the same complexion as Mariah Carey, she considers herself black but she's definitely lighter than a lot of people I know.

Quick Reply

Latest