The Student Room Group

Which modules?

I understand you need 480 UMS in A level with 270/300 UMS out of A2 modules for an A*
So I am studying

AS FM
FP1 M1 D1

AS MATHS
C1 C2 S1

So whatever modules i do in A2 further maths i will need 90% to achieve an A*
regardless of which modules they are?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Acrux
I understand you need 480 UMS in A level with 270/300 UMS out of A2 modules for an A*
So I am studying

AS FM
FP1 M1 D1

AS MATHS
C1 C2 S1

For A* in A-Level FM, you need an average of 90% (i.e. a total of at least 270/300) in your best 3 A2 modules (as you could do more than three A2 modules), regardless of which modules precisely those are.
Reply 2
Original post by HapaxOromenon2
For A* in A-Level FM, you need an average of 90% (i.e. a total of at least 270/300) in your best 3 A2 modules (as you could do more than three A2 modules), regardless of which modules precisely those are.

Wait you are allowed to take more than 3 Modules and then the best 3 are selected
So for example
M2 FP2 S2 and D2?
Reply 3
Original post by HapaxOromenon2

Original post by Acrux
So I am studying

AS FM
FP1 M1 D1

AS MATHS
C1 C2 S1

You need an average of 90% In C3 and C4 only to get an A*
You need to have gotten an A at AS (240+ UMS)
To qualify for an A* you need 480+ UMS total, with 180 UMS coming from C3 and C4
The applied modules don't have s specific thing you need to get over
Reply 4
Original post by Acrux
Wait you are allowed to take more than 3 Modules and then the best 3 are selected
So for example
M2 FP2 S2 and D2?

Yes.
Reply 5
Original post by KaylaB

You need to have gotten an A at AS (240+ UMS)

This bit isn't true. You don't need an A at AS, you can get a B at AS and still end up with Just 480 and 90% in C3 and C4 (for maths).

The OP is talking about FM though (I think), which is a different ballgame.
Reply 6
Original post by Zacken
This bit isn't true. You don't need an A at AS, you can get a B at AS and still end up with Just 480 and 90% in C3 and C4 (for maths).

The OP is talking about FM though (I think), which is a different ballgame.

This is clearly when you take the lead then :laugh::laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest