The Student Room Group

Do single girls post more on social media?

Something I've noticed is that a few people I know and follow on social media have broken up with their boyfriends. Immediately, the frequency of which they post, particularly selfies (also an increase in tumblr-eque quotes...) rises. Gym selfies, night out selfies, just so many ****ing selfies.

Is this a trend you guys notice as well?

So what gives?

Scroll to see replies

Letting know their ex that they're having a good time without them - in reality - they'll probably cry at night at what coulda been.
Original post by samina_ay
Letting know their ex that they're having a good time without them - in reality - they'll probably cry at night at what coulda been.

Ahh, so they're using it as a sort of revenge tool?
If you have more time alone it makes sense that you would post more. Maybe they're lonely or practising self love through selfies. I'm single and spend a lot of time on Tumblr, but I strongly dislike my face so I stick to posting about Broadway musicals on there.
I have never been in a relationship and have never posted a selfie on social media (except Snapchat and a couple here on TSR).

However, I think I agree with your observation in regards to everyone else I know.
I heard this story of some girl who posted pics in nice clothes going for a night out
She then posts it on social media then goes to bed
The things people do for instagram/facebook likes
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I heard this story of some girl who posted pics in nice clothes going for a night out
She then posts it on social media then goes to bed
The things people do for instagram/facebook likes

Lol I know people who do this for their FB profile pics etc -_-
By the way the people i speak of are girls in their early to mid 20s.

Younger teens do all sorts of mad **** regarding social media.
Original post by hezzlington
Ahh, so they're using it as a sort of revenge tool?

Doing well is the best revenge, sweetie

I wouldn't say that's revenge. Revenge is like, taking a dump on somebodies laptop and then closing it.

"Winning" the breakup :rolleyes:
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I have never been in a relationship and have never posted a selfie on social media (except Snapchat and a couple here on TSR).

However, I think I agree with your observation in regards to everyone else I know.

Why not??

Ahh i'm curious now i'm totally going to look for your selfie.
Lol I know people who do this for their FB profile pics etc -_-

Same:frown:
I find it sad that some people need to get a certain number of likes to feel worthy
"Winning" the breakup :rolleyes:

Exactly
I wouldn't say that's revenge. Revenge is like, taking a dump on somebodies laptop and then closing it.

They really wanna do what rihanna did in the "take a bow" video lmao
They really wanna do what rihanna did in the "take a bow" video lmao

what did bad gal riri do??

:O
Something I've noticed is that a few people I know and follow on social media have broken up with their boyfriends. Immediately, the frequency of which they post, particularly selfies (also an increase in tumblr-eque quotes...) rises. Gym selfies, night out selfies, just so many ****ing selfies.

Is this a trend you guys notice as well?

So what gives?

Yes because before they would have been spending that time being boned by their bfs.

The worst girls are the sloots who shag every guy but don't commit to a relationship. They are on instagram, twitter, facebook and Snapchat constantly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nihilisme
Yes because before they would have been spending that time being boned by their bfs.

The worst girls are the sloots who just shag every guy but don't commit to a relationship. They are on instagram, twitter, facebook and Snapchat constantly

Posted from TSR Mobile

...what? they're the best kind surely
Why not??

Ahh i'm curious now i'm totally going to look for your selfie.

* I went to an all girls school (not so much a reason as an excuse - most people I know have been in relationships and I have male friends)

* I don't tend to 'fancy' people

* I am extremely suspicious of people's motives and can get a bit unintentionally mean

* I'm emotionally unavailable and sometimes just really can't be bothered to talk to people (and I don't tend to beat around the bush so would just say that and people don't like this obvs)

* I've always prioritised my education

* I've been told I can be intimidating (this is also completely unintentional)

This isn't to say I don't want to be in a relationship now. However, I'm pretty ****ed up and I wouldn't want to put a guy through being my first relationship.

Lol I'm on the post a picture of yourself thread. You commented on my jumper this morning :eyebrow:
what did bad gal riri do??

:O

She burned his clothes and broke his car. Can't remember..

Quick Reply

Latest