The Student Room Group

Why do people still consume cow's milk?

Milk that is designed for a baby calf? It completely baffles me tbh, we're the only mammal that drinks the milk of another species, seems totally wrong to me. We have no need to drink milk after infancy but if you must there are plenty of plant based alternatives.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Also the only mammal that talks.
Original post by mscaffrey
Also the only mammal that talks.
That didn't answer the question...
Reply 3
Because it tastes nice.

And is great with cookies.
Where else are they supposed to get milk from? Your mu.....

Hah, joking. Couldn't help myself.
Original post by Multitalented me
Milk that is designed for a baby calf? It completely baffles me tbh, we're the only mammal that drinks the milk of another species, seems totally wrong to me...

We're the only species that drive cars.

I don't get where you are going with this.
Gains.
Original post by hezzlington
We're the only species that drive cars.

I don't get where you are going with this.
Other cultures drink milk from many other animals such as sheep, goat and donkeys.
Original post by RugbyFighter
Gains.
You can get gains from plant based milk, which is also much healthier.
Milk that is designed for a baby calf? It completely baffles me tbh, we're the only mammal that drinks the milk of another species, seems totally wrong to me...

We're also the only mammal to have developed civilisation, science, space travel and art. Frankly, most other mammals spend their time either eating, sleeping, procreating or killing, so they are not the best guides for what we should be doing. Anyway it tastes nice, and unless you suggest we start farming human women for their milk it's the only way we can get it.
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Where else are they supposed to get milk from? Your mu..... mug???

Hah, joking. Couldn't help myself.

eh?

Yeah the dairy industry is cruel.

Human trafficking and sex slavery is cruel. Terrorism is cruel. The tobacco industry is cruel. The fashion industry with respect to manufacturing and labour practice is cruel.

Life is cruel.

We need to learn how to treat eachother before we really worry about how to look after the earth and it's lovely animals.

Priorities.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Laomedeia
eh?

I never edited my post so i'm not sure why you did in that quote
I don't drink cow's milk. I don't like the smell. Omly have soya/almond/coconut milk with my cereal or tea :h:
Original post by ODES_PDES
Other cultures drink milk from many other animals such as sheep, goat and donkeys.
I don't get your point? Fact is cows milk isn't meant for human consumption & there are many alternative ways to get milk instead, such as all the plant based milk out there.
I don't get your point? Fact is cows milk isn't meant for human consumption & there are many alternative ways to get milk instead, such as all the plant based milk out there.

Because I like it. Plant based milk isn't for human consumption either, it is for plants silly.
Original post by DiddyDec
Because I like it. Plant based milk isn't for human consumption either, it is for plants silly.
Strong argument...
You can get gains from plant based milk, which is also much healthier.

Show me which plant milk has the same quality protein as cow/goat milk. Healthier how so? we need fat in our diet. Nothing wrong with it.
Strong argument...

Going to counter it? Or realise it is as nonsensical as your argument?

Quick Reply

Latest