The Student Room Group

Do single girls post more on social media?

Scroll to see replies

I've seen this too and i've never even been a member of any sort of social media and never will. Most of social media is fake - part of it for some/most people is to just show other people what they're doing for some sort of validation
Original post by samina_ay
She burned his clothes and broke his car. Can't remember..

Ohhh I thought it would be something dutty. That's not too bad.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
* I went to an all girls school (not so much a reason as an excuse - most people I know have been in relationships and I have male friends)

* I don't tend to 'fancy' people

* I am extremely suspicious of people's motives and can get a bit unintentionally mean

* I'm emotionally unavailable and sometimes just really can't be bothered to talk to people (and I don't tend to beat around the bush so would just say that and people don't like this obvs)

* I've always prioritised my education

* I've been told I can be intimidating (this is also completely unintentional)

This isn't to say I don't want to be in a relationship now. However, I'm pretty ****ed up and I wouldn't want to put a guy through being my first relationship.

Lol I'm on the post a picture of yourself thread. You commented on my jumper this morning :eyebrow:

You sound really sassy. You know guys like a challenge right. Do you get a lot of male attention?

Yeah but you said you posted a couple, I only saw the jumper one.
Original post by hezzlington
Ohhh I thought it would be something dutty. That's not too bad.

Rihannas content was child friendly back then LMFAO
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
I've seen this too and i've never even been a member of any sort of social media and never will. Most of social media is fake - part of it for some/most people is to just show other people what they're doing for some sort of validation

Humans crave validation and social media likes/followers/rep gems is just one manifestation of this approval seeking behaviour.
You sound really sassy. You know guys like a challenge right. Do you get a lot of male attention?

Yeah but you said you posted a couple, I only saw the jumper one.

Lol, I wouldn't say sassy - confident perhaps. I know what I want and I can stand up for myself and my beliefs.

I don't want to be a challenge though and I don't think relationship dynamics should work like that. They should be founded on mutual attraction and respect rather than a chase.

Yes and it's largely manifested itself negatively and has had extremely detrimental impacts on my life. I realised my confidence and perception of myself was dependent on how men saw me and that I had begun to manipulate people according to this. I've also had terrible experiences that people have got aggy about when I've mentioned them on threads in the past, so won't go into the crude details.

Haha, they're nothing special - don't waste your time :tongue:.
Lol, I wouldn't say sassy - confident perhaps. I know what I want and I can stand up for myself and my beliefs.

I don't want to be a challenge though and I don't think relationship dynamics should work like that. They should be founded on mutual attraction and respect rather than a chase.

Yes and it's largely manifested itself negatively and has had extremely detrimental impacts on my life. I realised my confidence and perception of myself was dependent on how men saw me and that I had begun to manipulate people according to this. I've also had terrible experiences that people have got aggy about when I've mentioned them on threads in the past, so won't go into the crude details.

Haha, they're nothing special - don't waste your time :tongue:.

It sounds like you are slightly conflicted and are maybe not sure what you want? There is nothing wrong with that - I'm the same.

I'd agree, but attraction isn't always instantaneous. For me it scales with somebodies personality, and I can only gauge that when I get to truly know them. I don't really care about looks.

What do you mean mentioned them on threads in the past?

I couldn't find any others :frown:
* I went to an all girls school (not so much a reason as an excuse - most people I know have been in relationships and I have male friends)

* I don't tend to 'fancy' people

* I am extremely suspicious of people's motives and can get a bit unintentionally mean

* I'm emotionally unavailable and sometimes just really can't be bothered to talk to people (and I don't tend to beat around the bush so would just say that and people don't like this obvs)

* I've always prioritised my education

* I've been told I can be intimidating (this is also completely unintentional)

This isn't to say I don't want to be in a relationship now. However, I'm pretty ****ed up and I wouldn't want to put a guy through being my first relationship.

Lol I'm on the post a picture of yourself thread. You commented on my jumper this morning :eyebrow:

Wanna get together sometime?
It sounds like you are slightly conflicted and are maybe not sure what you want? There is nothing wrong with that - I'm the same.

I'd agree, but attraction isn't always instantaneous. For me it scales with somebodies personality, and I can only gauge that when I get to truly know them. I don't really care about looks.

What do you mean mentioned them on threads in the past?

I couldn't find any others :frown:

No, I know what I want. Someone who is attractive, intelligent, interesting, interested, can cook, is ambitious and is respectful. Now that's what I want; not necessarily what exists lol.

I think looks are important. You need to be attracted to a person to want to have sex with them. I find it more difficult to find guys with a personality that I'm attracted to than looks. People work differently though and I'm immensely inexperienced in regards to relationships so am hardly an authority on how anything works. It's difficult to find someone who you want to spend the time ans energy getting to truly know though - you can't do this with everyone you encounter.

Well I outlined a couple of experiences I've had and other people got upset and essentially said TSR isn't the place to be discussing such things.

Also I've derailed the thread -again-. *incoming warning*
Original post by Tabstercat
Wanna get together sometime?

:undefined:rolleyes
:rolleyes:

Bunga bunga party?
Bunga bunga party?

If you provide the weed.
If you provide the weed.

nk802 would love to see that.
No, I know what I want. Someone who is attractive, intelligent, interesting, interested, can cook, is ambitious and is respectful. Now that's what I want; not necessarily what exists lol.

I think looks are important. You need to be attracted to a person to want to have sex with them. I find it more difficult to find guys with a personality that I'm attracted to than looks. People work differently though and I'm immensely inexperienced in regards to relationships so am hardly an authority on how anything works. It's difficult to find someone who you want to spend the time ans energy getting to truly know though - you can't do this with everyone you encounter.

Well I outlined a couple of experiences I've had and other people got upset and essentially said TSR isn't the place to be discussing such things.

Also I've derailed the thread -again-. *incoming warning*

Right, but then why are you emotionally unavailable and can't be bothered to talk to people? Is that more to do with the fact you haven't met your match yet?

You're right, you can't invest that much time into everybody. It's where initial chemistry plays a role I think, you just click from the get go.

I don't mind you derailing my thread, it's in Chat so it's allowed to be derailed in terms of actual TSR rules.
If you provide the weed.

don't have weed...have crushed up pain pills we can snort though. think we'll have a good time. still interested ?
don't have weed...have crushed up pain pills we can snort though. think we'll have a good time. still interested ?

We need more people like you on TSR.
nk802 would love to see that.

I'll make sure I do it in my imaginary car just for him.

Right, but then why are you emotionally unavailable and can't be bothered to talk to people? Is that more to do with the fact you haven't met your match yet?

You're right, you can't invest that much time into everybody. It's where initial chemistry plays a role I think, you just click from the get go.

I don't mind you derailing my thread, it's in Chat so it's allowed to be derailed in terms of actual TSR rules.

Cba to talk: because I'm an introvert really and sometimes need time to myself. I also lose intetest if the conversation is boring and stop replying lol

Emotionally unavailable: suffer from depression and tbh probably ptsd to some extent. I'm worried that if I allow myself to become emotionally vulnerable it'll open up a box that I'm not sure I ever want to open. That of course leaves me incapable in a relationship dynamic because I wouldn't be able to open up to the other person and emotions being one sided wouldn't work.

What do you think that initial chemistry is a result of?

Absolutely. I have lemsip. What do you think will happen if we mix them?
I'll make sure I do it in my imaginary car just for him.

Cba to talk: because I'm an introvert really and sometimes need time to myself. I also lose intetest if the conversation is boring and stop replying lol

Emotionally unavailable: suffer from depression and tbh probably ptsd to some extent. I'm worried that if I allow myself to become emotionally vulnerable it'll open up a box that I'm not sure I ever want to open. That of course leaves me incapable in a relationship dynamic because I wouldn't be able to open up to the other person and emotions being one sided wouldn't work.

What do you think that initial chemistry is a result of?

I read some pretty terrible things in your blog :frown:

That's literally me. I'm terrible at the whole online dating thing, I can't keep a conversation interesting and the other person gets bored. I don't text anybody, like ever other than family. And nobody texts me haha. In person however....I shine.

Hmm yeah, I suppose. That's what love is all about though, opening up that box and being totally vulnerable. You're at your partners mercy, in a sense.

When you meet your match, I think you'd find it easier to open up.

I have no idea. I can't put a finger on it. I've had great chemistry with people I wasn't aesthetically (at least initially) attracted to. And no chemistry with very attractive people.

I really can't answer that.
I read some pretty terrible things in your blog :frown:

That's literally me. I'm terrible at the whole online dating thing, I can't keep a conversation interesting and the other person gets bored. I don't text anybody, like ever other than family. And nobody texts me haha. In person however....I shine.

Hmm yeah, I suppose. That's what love is all about though, opening up that box and being totally vulnerable. You're at your partners mercy, in a sense.

When you meet your match, I think you'd find it easier to open up.

I have no idea. I can't put a finger on it. I've had great chemistry with people I wasn't aesthetically (at least initially) attracted to. And no chemistry with very attractive people.

I really can't answer that.

And that was not even the half of it.

Oh Christ tell me about it - the thing is, I'm not sure people always pick up on sarcasm/humour by text and that's the issue. I always think I'm being extremely enigmatic and it's lost on the other person :grumble:. People are also uninterested in the things I find interesting. I only text my friends via our giant group chat and my family via our group chat really. There are a couple of people I text individually, but it's only really because of effort on their part. Then why not abandon online dating attempts and focus on irl?

And that is totally terrifying.

But there must have been some initial attraction to drive the chemistry?

Quick Reply

Latest