The Student Room Group

Been on a date with someone you already knew you werent attracted to?

Why did you go?
Original post by Nihilisme
Why did you go?

I didn't really see him that way when I met him. He was really annoying and one of those in your face kinda people. I used to talk to him on Facebook quite a bit, he would check in with me every so often and he seemed like a sweet guy. One day he asked me on a date and I thought I'd go for it. The date went really well, I liked him for a bit and then it went downhill.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because he seemed like a very decent guy and I thought that there might be attraction when we went on our first date. I made an effort but there were no sparks. I avoided a second date to avoid wasting his time.
Original post by WBZ144
Because he seemed like a very decent guy and I thought that there might be attraction when we went on our first date. I made an effort but there were no sparks. I avoided a second date to avoid wasting his time.

cheers babes.
I found out very soon at the beginning of the date that I wasn't attracted to him. Not because he wasn't good looking, but because his personality was awful in person.
Original post by Nihilisme
Why did you go?

Well not really a proper date as such... I met my boyfriend in most awkward, weird way that kind of screams "rom-com"... Anyway when I met him at first I never thought we'd end up being together... It wasn't even the fact that I wasn't attracted to him, but he wasn't really my type looks wise and I thought I was "into" someone else at the time. But as soon as we got to uni, we started spending lots of time talking to each other on facebook and both on nights out - but it was always in a bigger group. I didn't know at first that he fancied me - until he did suggest to spend some time just the two of us, in a nutshell. So we had a "date" with watching movies in my halls' room and it kind of went from there... I really liked his personality and he was such a nice guy - on closer look I noticed he had great eyes etc. And now it's almost 3 years since we got together and really, despite a lot of ups and downs, we're still going strong :smile: So I'm very happy I gave it a chance even without enormous initial attraction - sometimes you might be pleasantly surprised if you give someone unexpected a chance :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Novascope
I found out very soon at the beginning of the date that I wasn't attracted to him. Not because he wasn't good looking, but because his personality was awful in person.

what did he do?

Quick Reply

Latest