The Student Room Group

Transferring to Edinburgh university

Hi everyone :smile: I study English Literature (year 1) in Scotland and my grades are around 62 to 68 (in English and Linguistics modules). I'm an EU student so I'm not sure what is the equivalent of my high school grades in the system here. But I would say it must be around A.
Has anyone been transferred to the University of Edinburgh with this kind of grades? I've heard it's a very competitive university so I was wondering if it's realistic to hope for a transfer with these grades. And if I apply, are there any tips?
Original post by idril93
Hi everyone :smile: I study English Literature (year 1) in Scotland and my grades are around 62 to 68 (in English and Linguistics modules). I'm an EU student so I'm not sure what is the equivalent of my high school grades in the system here. But I would say it must be around A.
Has anyone been transferred to the University of Edinburgh with this kind of grades? I've heard it's a very competitive university so I was wondering if it's realistic to hope for a transfer with these grades. And if I apply, are there any tips?

WIth any transfer there's too many variables to offer advice. Get in touch with them and ask them directly if you would be able to transfer or if they'll consider you.
Reply 2
I eventually did and they said that my application would be less competitive because I'm just above the minimum requirements :frown: And that the offers are usually to those who have almost perfect grades. I don't know if I should bother applying.
Reply 3
Original post by idril93
I eventually did and they said that my application would be less competitive because I'm just above the minimum requirements :frown: And that the offers are usually to those who have almost perfect grades. I don't know if I should bother applying.

You will never know unless you try. At least if you get rejected you know your reached for what you really wanted.
Original post by idril93

I think that is university speak for 'Don't bother.'
Reply 5
Yes that's how it sounded to me too.
Hello guys!
I will study in another Scottish university, but i would like to transfer to the Edinburgh university. Do you know the criteria?
Original post by Sabeva Yana
Hello guys!
I will study in another Scottish university, but i would like to transfer to the Edinburgh university. Do you know the criteria?

Only Edinburgh know this - ring them up and ask
hello guys,
i am currently study biosciences in a scottish uni, however, i would like to transfer to the uni of edinburgh. who did u ask for the reference ?
hello guys,
i am currently study biosciences in a scottish uni, however, i would like to transfer to the uni of edinburgh. who did u ask for the reference ?

You would normally have someone from your current university provide your reference.
guys, another question: can i use my previous personal statement ?
guys, another question: can i use my previous personal statement ?

Ideally not- I think it should reflect your Uni study as well- but it is physically possible
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Ideally not- I think it should reflect your Uni study as well- but it is physically possible

hmm... self-plagiarism :biggrin: but, i got you
hmm... self-plagiarism :biggrin: but, i got you

I think UCAS asks if you've applied before- then it won't be self-plagiarism.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder

I have completed several sections of my ucas application. I havent seen a place where i can state that I am applying again .... which means i should make another ps
Original post by Hello it is me
I have completed several sections of my ucas application. I havent seen a place where i can state that I am applying again .... which means i should make another ps

Your education section should include your attendance and any credits you’ll receive from university.
Original post by idril93

Did u end up transferring?

Quick Reply

Latest