The Student Room Group

Guy I stopped talking to 5 months ago just followed me on Twitter?

We had a thing, we went on a couple of dates and he described us as 'exclusive' but we really weren't a couple. I really like him, I think about him everyday, and then 5 months ago I had to stop talking to him because of my parents. I miss him, think about him everyday, and I can't wait to see him again. I can't see him until September - when I'm at uni and my parents aren't being really nosey and controlling. Anyway, he just followed me on Twitter, I haven't spoken to him in 5 months, I thought he had forgotten about me. What do you think this means? Is it a good thing? Should I not think much of it? I'm literally counting down the days till I can see him again, but he doesn't know that.

Thank you for any advice.
Did you tell him the reason why you stopped talking to him? Have you stopped all forms of contact or could you still talk to him online without the parents knowing?

Him following you on Twitter doesn't mean much, if you really want to know how he feels then explain the situation with your parents to him if you are able to. See how he reacts; if he still has feelings for you he'll probably let you know. I don't think that it's a good idea to leave him for 11 months without any contact at all, especially if he doesn't know why. It might make him think that you're no longer interested.
Original post by WBZ144
Did you tell him the reason why you stopped talking to him? Have you stopped all forms of contact or could you still talk to him online without the parents knowing?

Him following you on Twitter doesn't mean much, if you really want to know how he feels then explain the situation with your parents to him if you are able to. See how he reacts; if he still has feelings for you he'll probably let you know. I don't think that it's a good idea to leave him for 11 months without any contact at all, especially if he doesn't know why. It might make him think that you're no longer interested.

He knows the reason...but I know that at the moment I can't make it work because of my parents.
A day after he followed me...he favourited a tweet that was somewhat old...I really wanna talk to him but I know at the moment it can't lead to anything
Original post by JubilationXXV
He knows the reason...but I know that at the moment I can't make it work because of my parents.
A day after he followed me...he favourited a tweet that was somewhat old...I really wanna talk to him but I know at the moment it can't lead to anything

Well, if he favourited an old tweet then he is clearly looking through your feed so at least he hasn't forgotten you :smile:. Still, don't read into this too much because you can only know how he feels once you've spoken to him.

You said that it can't lead to anything, yet you'll be seeing him in September? Do you think that it's worth staying in touch somewhat until you can see him again, in case things can progress from there?
Original post by WBZ144
Well, if he favourited an old tweet then he is clearly looking through your feed so at least he hasn't forgotten you :smile:. Still, don't read into this too much because you can only know how he feels once you've spoken to him.

You said that it can't lead to anything, yet you'll be seeing him in September? Do you think that it's worth staying in touch somewhat until you can see him again, in case things can progress from there?

I really want to talk to him right now, but I know if I do a) my parents might find out and b) he'll distract me from my studies. So I think it's best if I don't contact him right now...

This is really petty but do you think I should favourite a tweet of his?
Thank you for your advice by the way
Original post by JubilationXXV
I really want to talk to him right now, but I know if I do a) my parents might find out and b) he'll distract me from my studies. So I think it's best if I don't contact him right now...

This is really petty but do you think I should favourite a tweet of his?
Thank you for your advice by the way

Oh, I see. In that case it's best not to do that because it may cause him to contact you. Just focus on your studies for now, shouldn't be long before you finish. Then once exams/assignments are over perhaps see what you can get away with while avoiding conflict with your parents?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending