The Student Room Group

Anyone Wanna go Thorpe park with me.

I posted it in friends but no one has replied and this seems a busier area.
Hiya.
When I was in secondary school a group organised a trip to Thorpe park which I invited myself to (with them saying they wanted me to come) but then told me, just 2 days after my granddad died, that the trip was cancelled. They did subsequently go on the trip. To help me finally move on I wanna go in the summer. But I have no one my age to go with. I am at uni but haven't made any real friends. My cousins who are my age don't really like me and I have no one else. Does anyone on here wanna go with me. I don't want to go with my parents because I don't like them that much and want a day's break.

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I don't think you should be looking to make day trips with people you don't really know. Try and find somebody you are acquainted with well to go with!

Best wishes,

~Jay
Original post by stawes
I posted it in friends but no one has replied and this seems a busier area.
Hiya.
When I was in secondary school a group organised a trip to Thorpe park which I invited myself to (with them saying they wanted me to come) but then told me, just 2 days after my granddad died, that the trip was cancelled. They did subsequently go on the trip. To help me finally move on I wanna go in the summer. But I have no one my age to go with. I am at uni but haven't made any real friends. My cousins who are my age don't really like me and I have no one else. Does anyone on here wanna go with me. I don't want to go with my parents because I don't like them that much and want a day's break.

If you want, you can join my forever alone club? :lol: :jumphug:
Original post by ivybridge
Hi,

I don't think you should be looking to make day trips with people you don't really know. Try and find somebody you are acquainted with well to go with!

Best wishes,

~Jay

Lol don't be so judgemental XD I'd go thorpe park with you any day :tongue:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Lol don't be so judgemental XD I'd go thorpe park with you any day :tongue:

Do tell me how that was judgemental...
Do tell me how that was judgemental...

It was a bit harsh :redface:

Did my latter statement not mean anything to you? Such rudeness :erm:

:cute:
It was a bit harsh :redface:

Did my latter statement not mean anything to you? Such rudeness :erm:

:cute:

Well, not really... I wouldn't think arranging to go out with somebody you don't know is wise, sorry. That isn't me judging the people or him, in fact it's me saying judgment is impossible because you don't know them and sometimes that can be a dangerous truth.

I thought it was to him, lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Will you pay for me? :tongue:

Just kidding. Like the above poster said, it's not a very wise idea to try and organise a trip with people you don't know personally. I'm pretty sure there are people at your university who would gladly go with you. Perhaps join a society? :smile:
Well, not really... I wouldn't think arranging to go out with somebody you don't know is wise, sorry. That isn't me judging the people or him, in fact it's me saying judgment is impossible because you don't know them and sometimes that can be a dangerous truth.

I thought it was to him, lol.

No of course it isn't safe, I didn't mean that. I was talking about the format you posted it in (it had a slightly sarcastic tone, not necessarily rude. Perhaps I read it wrong though).

No, no I was talking to you, joking obviously.It was more of a comment on personality :tongue:. I don't know you very well either, you could be a serial killer for all I know and end up eating my face off. :colondollar: (Which I would happily let you, if I failed my exams this year... XD). Jks. :tongue:
No of course it isn't safe, I didn't mean that. I was talking about the format you posted it in (it had a slightly sarcastic tone, not necessarily rude. Perhaps I read it wrong though).

No, no I was talking to you, joking obviously.It was more of a comment on personality :tongue:. I don't know you very well either, you could be a serial killer for all I know and end up eating my face off. :colondollar: (Which I would happily let you, if I failed my exams this year... XD). Jks. :tongue:

Yeah you really did, sorry haha.

Haha.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Will you pay for me? :tongue:

Just kidding. Like the above poster said, it's not a very wise idea to try and organise a trip with people you don't know personally. I'm pretty sure there are people at your university who would gladly go with you. Perhaps join a society? :smile:

I agree.

Perhaps, OP, Thorpe Park is a chance for you to make some new friends. Try and branch out, go to societies, go out to bars or something, try and make some foundations in friendships and then you'll probably find many people would be willing to go.
Thorpe Park really isn't all that great...I went there for 6 hours during non-peak time and only managed to go on five rides - with fast track access...that's how busy it is. If you really wanna go, go during Fright Night, go alone and you'll definitely meet some awesome people there.
:erm:
Gee, someone tell OP to stop sounding so fun.
Reply 13
Hi,

Best wishes,

~Jay

I don't have anyone. I am hated at uni. People do everything they can to avoid me. Ill have to go on my own then. Hopefully people wont stare to much. That's if I don't end it all before then.
Original post by stawes
I don't have anyone. I am hated at uni. People do everything they can to avoid me. Ill have to go on my own then. Hopefully people wont stare to much. That's if I don't end it all before then.

Hey, hey - calm down. I'm sure people don't hate you. Why would everybody hate you?
Pfft, I don't mind coming. When? As long as it's after May/June I'm down :u:
Original post by stawes

You need to talk to someone. I don't think anyone hates you, I think you're just deeply unhappy. Do speak to somebody, okay?
Original post by stawes

this is sublime trolling bravo
Original post by stawes

But what's wrong with going on your own?
No one really notices these things unless you tell them...well I don't. I think you would be ok if you went on you own. The only thing that could be challenging is waiting in the queues without someone to speak to. I mean it is nice having someone to distract you from the sometimes long wait but in this era we have our phones. Just go on your phone and watch some videos or chat to some on whatsapp, snapchat, messages etc. Have fun with this :tongue:
It would be less awkward too since you won't be forced to make conversation with a person you've just met lol.
Reply 19
I'll go, I'm lonely too and I LOVE roller coasters...

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest