The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elise1998
Anyone that has had an offer from durham within the last week or so have you been allocated a college?

I got one last wednesday and still haven't heard anything, is it you first choice? and do you have a college? :smile:
It's between there and UCL! How about you? :smile: Nope only just had an offer hope I get one in the city centre!
Original post by baconwoo
I got one last wednesday and still haven't heard anything, is it you first choice? and do you have a college? :smile:
It's between there and UCL! How about you? :smile: Nope only just had an offer hope I get one in the city centre!

ah im in exactly the same situation :biggrin: it all depends on the durham college, if its not in the city then i'll definitely go for ucl but i think ill probably end up choosing icl anyway :smile: you?
If anybody is still making their mind up about which uni to choose here is a pretty cool report about the success rates of different unis for getting into law firms. Not a game-changer, but pretty useful :-)

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/where-to-start/newsletter/law-firms-preferred-universities
Reply 3924
Anyone that has had an offer from durham within the last week or so have you been allocated a college?

I received an offer on the 22nd of March and I still didn't get allocated a college
Reply 3925
got an offer on the 22nd of march and got allocated to collingwood on the 29th
Original post by NR_898
I received an offer on the 22nd of March and I still didn't get allocated a college
Original post by Nnekaa
got an offer on the 22nd of march and got allocated to collingwood on the 29th

did you get an email?
Reply 3927
Original post by baconwoo
did you get an email?

yeah I did
Finally got my nottingham offer!!!!! :smile:
Original post by StudentACMW10
Finally got my nottingham offer!!!!! :smile:

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what got got at AS, predictions for a2 and lnat
Guys law LLB at university of manchester or QMUL? Please help
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what got got at AS, predictions for a2 and lnat

I'm doing the IB so it's slightly different, but I'm predicted at 38 and I think thats equivalent to A*AA in A levels. I got 21 in LNAT. :smile:
Finally got offer from Exeter. Doubt I'll be going, but if you're still waiting for offers all hope is not lost :smile:
Wishhhh I had applied to Notts too, though! Lovely campus and course, just didn't like the combined risk of LNAT plus only 4 places open for the course :/. (LLB Senior Status)
Original post by Punisher95
Law LLB at university of manchester or QMUL? Please help

Look closely at each course (all 3 years) and think about the optional course choices on offer at each Uni - which ones would you actually go for? If you don't have enough info on the course structure etc online - email the Uni and ask for it.

Think about the reality of living in each city and being at that Uni. Did you go to an Open Day - think back to your impressions. Think about the cost of living and practical stuff in terms of housing, travel etc - not just 1st year but when you move out of Halls after your 1st year.

Any 'extras' on offer? Work placements, Study Abroad, optional units in other subjects etc. All of this adds to your eventual CV.

Ultimately what anyone says here will be their opinion based on their needs, interests etc. You really have to decide this one yourself.
Original post by returnmigrant
Look closely at each course (all 3 years) and think about the optional course choices on offer at each Uni - which ones would you actually go for? If you don't have enough info on the course structure etc online - email the Uni and ask for it.

Think about the reality of living in each city and being at that Uni. Did you go to an Open Day - think back to your impressions. Think about the cost of living and practical stuff in terms of housing, travel etc - not just 1st year but when you move out of Halls after your 1st year.

Any 'extras' on offer? Work placements, Study Abroad, optional units in other subjects etc. All of this adds to your eventual CV.

Ultimately what anyone says here will be their opinion based on their needs, interests etc. You really have to decide this one yourself.

Leaning towards UoM. Only thing that troubles me is the lower ranking of manchester university for law. Any idea?
Leaning towards UoM. Only thing that troubles me is the lower ranking of manchester university for law. Any idea?

Please see all the responses above about why you should not base this decision on nebulous stuff like League Tables, rankings etc. and debunking the idea that if you don't go to X Uni to do Law you wont be able to get a job. Etc etc.

Manchester seems to have good employability, based on the various student employability studies floating around. They seem to be doing something right.
Original post by StudentACMW10
I'm doing the IB so it's slightly different, but I'm predicted at 38 and I think thats equivalent to A*AA in A levels. I got 21 in LNAT. :smile:

I do IB too but still waiting... What was your offer?
Firm Bristol (Law) or Warwick (Law w/ Social Sciences) ? International student so reputation and graduate prospects most imp for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending