The Student Room Group

If you could time travel...

Scroll to see replies

Probably 1900 to Nietzche's deathbead so I can tell him that God got the last laugh :colone:
Reply 81
Original post by LeFeuilly
Probably 1900 to Nietzche's deathbead so I can tell him that God got the last laugh :colone:

Why, did God personally tell you that re laughed?

What a waste of an amazing opportunity though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by Stk1010
I'd go back to a moment in time where I could prevent mass death from happening I.e. 9/11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you not think that would be incredibly hard to do? Playing devil's advocate here.
Reply 83
Original post by LeFeuilly

I'd go to Henry VIII on his deathbed and tell him that going through all those wives just for a son was pointless because of Elizabeth.
Original post by *Stefan*
Why, did God personally tell you that re laughed?

What a waste of an amazing opportunity though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Joking aside, I'd probably go to the Mauryan Empire during Ashoka the Great's reign after he converted to Buddhism. It's amazing how he was able to maintain 40 years or so of peace (and, for the record, I'm not actually religious :rofl:).

Spoiler

Original post by Airmed
I'd go to Henry VIII on his deathbed and tell him that going through all those wives just for a son was pointless because of Elizabeth.

"What, you mean to tell me that I spent all that time ordering people to prep axes and nooses was ... Unecessary??!"
Reply 86
Original post by Airmed
Do you not think that would be incredibly hard to do? Playing devil's advocate here.

Urm, no, not particularly, it depends how you went about it I guess. You might not be able to save everyone but doing something as simple as setting the fire alarm off in the towers so they were evacuated before the planes hit would save many lives.
i'd go back to being young again. no school work.
Original post by Airmed
If you could time travel, what period of history would you go back to? And why?

It could be any history, sporting, musical, etc!

As for me, it would be Tudor era 1520-1536, Anne Boleyn's rise and fall. I just find it so fascinating.

You wouldn't want to go back to Ulster in 1607 and stop the Flight of the Earls? :eek:
Or or or! Beal na mBlath in 1922 and stop the Big Fella from getting shot? :eek:

There are too many periods omg :eek: :tongue:
Reply 89
Original post by DMcGovern
You wouldn't want to go back to Ulster in 1607 and stop the Flight of the Earls? :eek:
Or or or! Beal na mBlath in 1922 and stop the Big Fella from getting shot? :eek:

There are too many periods omg :eek: :tongue:

Of course I would, omg, what are you accusing me of?!
Original post by Airmed
Of course I would, omg, what are you accusing me of?!

When I read that in my head you sounded frantic, like I'd betrayed you in some way :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm laughing too hard :biggrin: :tongue:
Reply 91
Original post by DMcGovern
When I read that in my head you sounded frantic, like I'd betrayed you in some way :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm laughing too hard :biggrin: :tongue:

:colonhash:
Original post by Airmed
:colonhash:

:colondollar: :h: :tongue:
Rome. All of it. I have time...
Back to? See I think most people expect some philosophical, meaningful event to be the answer. But personally I think id like to go back to a really happy memory or something, and just relive it.

Perhaps go back to the first ever play I was in and watch it from the audience, or it could be something as simple as the last day in secondary school.

Everyone heading to the park afterwards and just chilling, taking pictures, playing football. Hanging out.
Original post by Stk1010
I'd go back to a moment in time where I could prevent mass death from happening I.e. 9/11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why 9/11? You could change events with much, much more deaths. For example Hiroshima & Nagasaki bombings, 2004 Indonesia tsunami, the Holocaulst, spread of HIV and the list goes on and on.
I'd go back to the Cretaceous period, and start brawling with dinosaurs like a hero of old. Of course, I'd take a machine gun with me just in case fistfighting monsters that are a hundred times the size of me doesn't quite work out. It'd also be cool to see what actually caused that mass extinction. Although obviously, I'd want to keep my time machine still nearby, so that I can escape before whatever caused the mass extinction also kills me off.
I'd go back and keep my old self in line.

Or I'd go back to Game Of Thrones era.
Because that was an actual thing that happened. The voices told me so.
Reply 98
Original post by PillsIV
Back to? See I think most people expect some philosophical, meaningful event to be the answer. But personally I think id like to go back to a really happy memory or something, and just relive it.

Perhaps go back to the first ever play I was in and watch it from the audience, or it could be something as simple as the last day in secondary school.

Everyone heading to the park afterwards and just chilling, taking pictures, playing football. Hanging out.

Yes, happy memories I'd love to revisit. But history fascinates me too.
Reply 99
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
I'd go back and keep my old self in line.

Or I'd go back to Game Of Thrones era.
Because that was an actual thing that happened. The voices told me so.

For GoT, the Cousins' War (War of the Roses) should do it. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending