The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

BM5 Medicine 2016 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alan1980
How large is the SotonMedSoc? Is it an easy extrapolation to say approx. 200 students per year x 5 = 1000ish? There are a wealth of societies on the website so must take some dedicated people to both run and attend them.

More than that.

200 at least BM5s x 5
30 BM6 x 6
40 BM4 x 4

More like 1300
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Pyridostigmine
Hi all! Medic in Southampton here. If you’re looking for accommodation with a friendly bunch of medicine students (spanning through third and fourth year) there are currently 2 rooms available in a house on Chamberlain Road, an absolutely ideal location if you want to be close to campus (5 minute walk away), or a 10/15 minute cycle from Southampton General. The property comprises of a large modern kitchen with white goods(including a tumble dryer), six double bedrooms, lounge, and two communal bathrooms. The property also comes with off-road parking, so should you want to bring a car with you then that isn’t an issue. Rent is £390 a month and bills are inexpensive. The contract for this property commences on the 1st July 2016 and runs for a period of 12 months. As a side note, should you sign then you’ll be able to move in around mid-June (perhaps earlier).I am a mature student, so should you be a mature student and be slightly apprehensive about living with the people staying in the property then let me assure you that age has never been an issue for me with these people staying at the property.If you’re interested/have any questions then feel free to send a message along.In addition to that, should you have any questions about the course feel free to send them along.
@ke16 - Any help? Can confirm, great place to live. Also great username ahaha
Does anyone know if there's an offer holder group on Facebook?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Thanks Neostigmine+Pyridostigmine!
Original post by marybeth97
Does anyone know if there's an offer holder group on Facebook?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is one for all new medics yes but we can't link to it ass TSR doesn't allow FB links. Just search for it.
Original post by Neostigmine
There is one for all new medics yes but we can't link to it ass TSR doesn't allow FB links. Just search for it.

Ah okay, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26

What is it called? or could you copy+paste the /groups url. I cant seem to find it.
Original post by Dallen
What is it called? or could you copy+paste the /groups url. I cant seem to find it.

Search Southampton and Medicine and 2016 :yes:.
Gotta say I can't find it either searching that 🤔
Gotta say I can't find it either searching that 🤔

even if you put it in the search bar and on the results page click groups?

It's certainly there.
Reply 30
even if you put it in the search bar and on the results page click groups?

It's certainly there.

Southampton medicine 2016 "no results found for your query"

Are you sure the group hasn't been set to hidden invite only?
Original post by Dallen

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's "University of...." 🙂
Original post by Dallen

It's not invite only. The group name is not the 3 words I gave you, that's just a search that brings it up for me and an unrelated FB account :frown:

It's "University of...." 🙂

Yeah, I wasn't giving the full name :no: sorry!

This is getting daft as though it's not breaking TSR rules technically, it's not really in the spirit of it :rofl: :teehee: :colondollar:
Reply 34
It's not invite only. The group name is not the 3 words I gave you, that's just a search that brings it up for me and an unrelated FB account :frown:

Yeah, I wasn't giving the full name :no: sorry!

This is getting daft as though it's not breaking TSR rules technically, it's not really in the spirit of it :rofl: :teehee: :colondollar:

I still cant find it :/
Original post by abi_lodge
I still cant find it :/

Found it! Hope I don't get in trouble for this but I'll try to post a pic :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460010387.039653.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I could only find it on my phone through the facebook app as it doesnt seem to show up through a browser.

TSR's padantic rules prevent me from linking, someone reported my lasted comment.
Reply 37
Original post by marybeth97
Found it! Hope I don't get in trouble for this but I'll try to post a pic :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460010387.039653.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it thank you :smile: had to search on a browser instead of the app!
Original post by abi_lodge
I found it thank you :smile: had to search on a browser instead of the app!

No worries :smile: I joined this morning but haven't been accepted yet...😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya, I've got an offer as well which I'll be firming, just need to decide on what accommodation now! I'm 18 and doing my A2s this year. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending