The Student Room Group

Trapezium rule Question help...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Depends on the person, I didn't really notice a step-up. But yeah, you should be happy. :biggrin:

I hope I'll be alright by the time I get to A2 then :smile:

Also, are solomon papers meant to be harder than the actual AS-level exams?
Reply 21
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
Yeah lol what was the difference between C2 & C4 TR Qs?

*shrugs* no clue, mostly having part (a) trapezium rule (b) exact answer using substitution/IBP (c) compare answers or something.
Reply 22
Original post by Philip-flop
I hope I'll be alright by the time I get to A2 then :smile:

Also, are solomon papers meant to be harder than the actual AS-level exams?

Yes, I think they are.
Original post by Zacken
Yes, I think they are.

Good!! So I'm not just being stupid. Some of the solomon questions I actually really struggle with :frown:
Reply 24
Good!! So I'm not just being stupid. Some of the solomon questions I actually really struggle with :frown:

You should practise normal papers first, no?
Original post by Zacken
You should practise normal papers first, no?

Yeah I was going to save the "normal " past papers that are all on ExamSolutions until around about 2 weeks before my first exam.

Also, for the non-calculator exam (C1) is it worth learning my cube numbers because I'm always coming across questions where you have to find the cube root of a number.
Reply 26
Yeah I was going to save the "normal " past papers that are all on ExamSolutions until around about 2 weeks before my first exam.

Also, for the non-calculator exam (C1) is it worth learning my cube numbers because I'm always coming across questions where you have to find the cube root of a number.

You should only learn your cube numbers up till about 5^3 or 6^3 maximum.
Original post by Zacken
You should only learn your cube numbers up till about 5^3 or 6^3 maximum.

Thank you Zacken,
I had a feeling I wouldn't need to remember cube numbers all the way up to 10. But wanted to make sure I'm half prepared for those kind of questions!
Reply 28
Thank you Zacken,
I had a feeling I wouldn't need to remember cube numbers all the way up to 10. But wanted to make sure I'm half prepared for those kind of questions!

To be honest, just do questions and you'll ingrain what you need to know!

Quick Reply

Latest