The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goal101
Sorry but how long do you revise for soci and how do you revise I'm so stuck atm

well I've been revising for over a month now, creating a long revision document that has all the essentials. then I make flashcards.

you should look into buying the revision guide by keith trobe if you haven't started revision yet because the normal textbook is going to take you ageeeeees to get through.
Original post by popcornjpg
Hey guys. How many social policies have learnt/revised? I'm not sure how many I should know to be safe. Apart from the ones in the textbook, I have child benefits, the civil partnership act and the marriage act 2013. I think I should have one or two more but not sure what would be relevant in an essay.

Would social policies come up this year though as it came up in both the papers last year?
Original post by Mina_ahmad
Would social policies come up this year though as it came up in both the papers last year?

its a new spec, so it could be anything.
well I've been revising for over a month now, creating a long revision document that has all the essentials. then I make flashcards.

you should look into buying the revision guide by keith trobe if you haven't started revision yet because the normal textbook is going to take you ageeeeees to get through.

Iv been revising when iv been going along so when I get to college next week My teacher has a test on unit 2 education so do you think practicing exam papers along the way and is it worth it getting the revision guide now? (Thankyou for your advise) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
its a new spec, so it could be anything.

Oh I'm doing the old spec
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 66
I'm doing the family, haven't even started revising it yet.
Original post by Helfus
I'm doing the family, haven't even started revising it yet.

What resources are u planning on using??
Is there a thread for paper 1?
Original post by katieallenn
Is there a thread for paper 1?

yeah

hrere it is

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63594225&highlight=
Original post by nickg15b
This is the official thread for this unit. Please message me any resources you find useful and I will post them here to the original post.

Websites

www.technocratnotes.com I very much recommend you download their app it is quite awesome.

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/sociology

Is the technocraft notes app on apple? if not do you know when/if it will be because I can't find it anywhere. Thank you
Hi, i'm doing AS Sociology for the first time but i feel overwhelmed by the information. I got an A in my my mock but am fearful i can't replicate it as i have a tendency to panic - since its a new spec and there arent any past papers i could use to revise from and see question style etc. Does anyone have any tips on how I could revise in a smarter way, or offer any tips at all?
Reply 73
Does anyone have any predictions for the unit 2 paper? (old spec)
Original post by Rachypoox
Hi, i'm doing AS Sociology for the first time but i feel overwhelmed by the information. I got an A in my my mock but am fearful i can't replicate it as i have a tendency to panic - since its a new spec and there arent any past papers i could use to revise from and see question style etc. Does anyone have any tips on how I could revise in a smarter way, or offer any tips at all?

flashcards, flashcards, and flashcards

I have been doing that myself. I have 171 sociologist names for the whole AS spec and what they argued, found, note etc.

I think that's the most important thing. Learn all the definitions they have in the official book.

And research methods I would say is 50 per cent common sense so it'd be advisable to spend more on the other bits.
I'm in the same boat as you and i'm finding it SO hard to remember all of the info :frown:
Has anyone any predictions for AS unit 1&2???
guys, asking for predictions is honestly pointless. especially since it's a new spec...

just do all your revision and don't bother predicting anything.
Has anyone got any predictions of what may come up. Also has anyone got any techniques on revising
Original post by bizzy_penguin
I thought I would make this thread as there didn't seem to be one yet :biggrin:

AQA A Level Sociology Exam Dates:

17th May :
Year 12 - 7191/1
Year 13 resit- SCLY1

24th May:
Year 12 - 7191/2
Year 13 resit - SCLY2

Feel free to post any exam techniques, or resources that you find helpful, as the new specification seems to have a lot of content and sociologists to remember:smile:
Good Luck!!!

good revision website www.technocratnotes.com

and good revision apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.app&hl=en_GB

can you add this to your originalpost please so that any new ppl to the thread see this. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending