Original post by BlueberryB
Was Fife Park the one which is PG only?
Would be great if everybody would get their first choice :smile:

I think so :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 61
Original post by HCI
I'm really hoping for Fife Park. They are nice and new and are £6029 for the year. Some of the DRA ones were very expensive just for an ensuite. My guess would be if it's done on a first come, first serve basis, we should all be okay applying this early.

Yeah, i agree, fife park seem pretty cool. But i choose deans court because of the standard catered. I hope the foods are good..lol
Might be a bit off topic but I do have another question :biggrin: ...
So my programme starts on the 5th of September. Is there something like a freshers week for PGs that might be optional?
The earliest I can be in St.Andrews is on the 4th. I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to do stuff like collect my room keys, get set blabla ( in case I get one haha) because thats a sunday and I have no idea about the working times there :biggrin:
Anyone with infos about that ?
Reply 63
So my programme starts on the 5th of September. Is there something like a freshers week for PGs that might be optional?
The earliest I can be in St.Andrews is on the 4th. I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to do stuff like collect my room keys, get set blabla ( in case I get one haha) because thats a sunday and I have no idea about the working times there :biggrin:

I'm waiting for such information as well.
Reply 64

Like bigfrog, I'm also waiting on the information which I think will be provided when we receive accommodation offers. That said, I'm sure if there were any timing issues you could contact the university and they would help you out :smile:
Hi guys! Nice to see some postgrads. :smile: I got an offer from St Andrews (MA Film Studies). I haven't replied yet, because I'm still waiting for the University of Edinburgh, but I'm currently stalking all threads to find out more about the university as I've never been there. :biggrin:
Original post by chamandee
Hi guys! Nice to see some postgrads. :smile: I got an offer from St Andrews (MA Film Studies). I haven't replied yet, because I'm still waiting for the University of Edinburgh, but I'm currently stalking all threads to find out more about the university as I've never been there. :biggrin:

Film Studies sounds awesome :O ! I've neber been to St.Andrews eiter, good luck with Edinburgh :smile: !
Film Studies sounds awesome :O ! I've neber been to St.Andrews eiter, good luck with Edinburgh :smile: !

I think so too. :smile: Thanks! :biggrin:
Oh also, are you German/Italian/non-Scottish people all staying in university accommodation? I'm from Germany as well and uni accommodation would be the most convenient option, but I didn't love staying in the student halls where I study now (the kitchen was always dirty and it felt more institutional than somewhere I can feel at home, plus it tends to be kind of loud, which isn't ideal when you have to study/work the next day?). I much prefered the accommodations I have now (still shared, but private housing) - I would definitely stay in uni accommodation if it was considerably cheaper but from what it looks like it's not? But I also won't be able to visit beforehand, so, um... it'll probably be hard to find something in the private sector if I can't be there in person? And it would need to be furnished too? So, yeah, just wondering if anyone's in the same situation. :biggrin:
Oh also, are you German/Italian/non-Scottish people all staying in university accommodation? I'm from Germany as well and uni accommodation would be the most convenient option, but I didn't love staying in the student halls where I study now (the kitchen was always dirty and it felt more institutional than somewhere I can feel at home, plus it tends to be kind of loud, which isn't ideal when you have to study/work the next day?). I much prefered the accommodations I have now (still shared, but private housing) - I would definitely stay in uni accommodation if it was considerably cheaper but from what it looks like it's not? But I also won't be able to visit beforehand, so, um... it'll probably be hard to find something in the private sector if I can't be there in person? And it would need to be furnished too? So, yeah, just wondering if anyone's in the same situation. :biggrin:

From what I've seen online (zoopla, easyroomate, etc ..) there's almost nothing to rent. I would love to be in a private flatshare for the exact same reasons but it seems like there's nothing availiable for 2016/2017 ://
From what I've seen online (zoopla, easyroomate, etc ..) there's almost nothing to rent. I would love to be in a private flatshare for the exact same reasons but it seems like there's nothing availiable for 2016/2017 ://

I can't imagine there's nothing available?? I looked a bit at spareroom.co.uk and there's some stuff (though quite expensive too), but I have no idea how trustworthy the site is. Where I live, students also often only post rooms, like, two weeks before they become available, so it might just be way too early to look, but I don't want to arrive and have nowhere to live. Maybe we're just not looking in the right place? I haven't found anything like wg-gesucht.de yet, where the students post themselves and it's all more easy-going than not. :biggrin:
I can't imagine there's nothing available?? I looked a bit at spareroom.co.uk and there's some stuff (though quite expensive too), but I have no idea how trustworthy the site is. Where I live, students also often only post rooms, like, two weeks before they become available, so it might just be way too early to look, but I don't want to arrive and have nowhere to live. Maybe we're just not looking in the right place? I haven't found anything like wg-gesucht.de yet, where the students post themselves and it's all more easy-going than not. :biggrin:

There are some flats and houses to rent on zoopla but you would have to find other people to rent it with. On easyroommate is ONE ad for a flatshare and it looks a bit dubios ..
Have you applied for uni accommodation ?
There are some flats and houses to rent on zoopla but you would have to find other people to rent it with. On easyroommate is ONE ad for a flatshare and it looks a bit dubios ..
Have you applied for uni accommodation ?

Yeah, that's the thing, I have no idea what's dubious and what isn't. =/ It's kind of stupid not to be able to look at it beforehand, but I'm already making a horrible financial decision in studying in the UK, so I don't want to stretch my finances further haha. No, because I haven't accepted the offer yet, but I may end up doing that. We'll see!
x

x

Hey guys! Consider joining this facebook page for housing in St Andrews - https://www.facebook.com/groups/377031905647824/?fref=ts, there are usually cases of people looking for one extra person to fill a house.

There are also two private accommodation hall providers: Ayton House and East Shore. I'd recommend against Ayton House tbh as it's a total rip-off, East Shore is further away but cheaper :smile:.

Best of luck finding accommodation and well done! :smile:
Original post by Capricancer
Hey guys! Consider joining this facebook page for housing in St Andrews - https://www.facebook.com/groups/377031905647824/?fref=ts, there are usually cases of people looking for one extra person to fill a house.

There are also two private accommodation hall providers: Ayton House and East Shore. I'd recommend against Ayton House tbh as it's a total rip-off, East Shore is further away but cheaper :smile:.

Best of luck finding accommodation and well done! :smile:

Thank you !! I'll have a look :smile: !
Thanks, will check it out. :smile:
I'm in Ayton House just now and its great. I've only paid £7k and that includes bills and wifi. Not sure how you got ripped off Capricancer
Reply 77
Anyone got news on accommodation yet?
Reply 78
Not yet. :tumble:
Still nothing .. meh :biggrin:

Quick Reply