The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benchking
Does anybody know of any good notes in where i can self teach geometric series and trig?

C2 btw

Also how would i go around doing so?

https://170dde7cc7261eb3c6c2ea6ebb29719314eef9cc.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYc2NLQTFCWnJkZUk/AQA%20C2%20Summary%20Notes.pdf
here's a quick summary(not made by me)
http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/AQA/period-1/C2/module.php
here's a website which teaches you with a utube vid
i am the self-teaching master (been doing it from my GCSEs all the way up to my masters degree).

maths is all about past papers. don't go through your textbook or any of that sh*t. you start off by going on the examsolutions website and watch him go through each question (do this for say, 3 papers). after that attempt the papers on your own and refer back to examsolutions when your stuck (if the mark scheme doesn't make sense). maths (especially at A-level) is just the same questions getting repeated over and over again with different figures.

i got 91% in C2 if i recall correctly. never went to classes, never picked up a textbook, just went through the papers. looking back at it now there's no excuse to not 100% the exam. good luck brother.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I learnt a lot of C2 from Examsolutions, their videos are well detailed and explained.
Original post by El Chapo Jr.
i am the self-teaching master (been doing it from my GCSEs all the way up to my masters degree).

maths is all about past papers. don't go through your textbook or any of that sh*t. you start off by going on the examsolutions website and watch him go through each question (do this for say, 3 papers). after that attempt the papers on your own and refer back to examsolutions when your stuck (if the mark scheme doesn't make sense). maths (especially at A-level) is just the same questions getting repeated over and over again with different figures.

i got 91% in C2 if i recall correctly. never went to classes, never picked up a textbook, just went through the papers. looking back at it now there's no excuse to not 100% the exam. good luck brother.

that 9% you lost is bc you didn't go to lessons obviously :colonhash:
Reply 5
Use the textbook if you want to learn how to do it and use examsolutions videos if you're suck on a past paper question.
Original post by thefatone
that 9% you lost is bc you didn't go to lessons obviously :colonhash:
had the worst attendance in the class and came out with the best result, sup?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7

thanks chapo
Pick your exam boards standard textbook and just work through all the exercises and explanations in that. Once you've gone through the textbook, do every past paper and check them critically against the markschenes, make a note if all the stuff the examiners wrre specifically giving marks for so you don't lose the easy exam technique marks. Easy :smile:
thanks chapo
trust me, textbooks are a waste of time in maths. anyone giving you that advice does not know how to revise. you need to be efficient with your revision time.

the difference at degree level is you won't have as many past papers and you won't be given solutions to them, so you should really take advantage of the free A/A* you get given at a-level.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
trust me, textbooks are a waste of time in maths. anyone giving you that advice does not know how to revise. you need to be efficient with your revision time.

the difference at degree level is you won't have as many past papers and you won't be given solutions to them, so you should really take advantage of the free A/A* you get given at a-level.

yep ive never used the textbook for core 1, just did past papers and get 90%+
Reply 11
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Pick your exam boards standard textbook and just work through all the exercises and explanations in that. Once you've gone through the textbook, do every past paper and check them critically against the markschenes, make a note if all the stuff the examiners wrre specifically giving marks for so you don't lose the easy exam technique marks. Easy :smile:

das **** imo
had the worst attendance in the class and came out with the best result, sup?

nice :h:

Omg thank you so fot the advice im sef teaching as edexcel maths and i didnt know how to revise correctly and i was always through the textbook and it didnt help much. I am gonna do lots of past papera from now on thank you. Ans what was your final As grade if you dont sharing
Original post by sweetiemelx
Omg thank you so fot the advice im sef teaching as edexcel maths and i didnt know how to revise correctly and i was always through the textbook and it didnt help much. I am gonna do lots of past papera from now on thank you. Ans what was your final As grade if you dont sharing
i got an A. there was no A* when i was around but if its 90% then i think i would have missed out on it ever so slightly.

have the textbook next to you; you'll need it if the mark scheme and examsolutions guy don't make sense (a rare occasion).

i can change all of your bum lives. this is the realest advice you'll ever get on TSR.
i got an A. there was no A* when i was around but if its 90% then i think i would have missed out on it ever so slightly.

have the textbook next to you; you'll need it if the mark scheme and examsolutions guy don't make sense (a rare occasion).

i can change all of your bum lives. this is the realest advice you'll ever get on TSR.

LOL.

Will Chapo escape for a 3rd time?
Reply 16

the difference at degree level is you won't have as many past papers

That's not true. Cambridge Maths Tripos.
Reply 17
Original post by Zacken
That's not true. Cambridge Maths Tripos.

hey zacken
Reply 18
hey zacken

Hey.
Reply 19
Original post by Zacken
Hey.

do you do maths tutoring? I pay big.

Latest