The Student Room Group

Do I need to notify someone?

Hey,

A section of my MSc thesis will require I look at some Islamist propaganda. My course is titled International Conflict Studies.

Do you think it necessary for me to notify someone outside the university that this is what I'll be doing so as not to get in trouble? If so, who?

Cheers,
Original post by jwab2222
Hey,

A section of my MSc thesis will require I look at some Islamist propaganda. My course is titled International Conflict Studies.

Do you think it necessary for me to notify someone outside the university that this is what I'll be doing so as not to get in trouble? If so, who?

Cheers,

Heya... why do you think you would you get in trouble? Where would you be sourcing this propaganda from...?

If you're worried at all I'd speak to your tutor about it as they'll be able to give you guidance :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, thanks for the reply.

All sorts of places really; different web pages. I figured IP addresses may get flagged by the council if they're watching known propaganda as that's part of the PREVENT scheme.

Yeah I guess that's what I'll do, cheers.
The person (or people) who have set you this work, should have guidance on all this stuff. I don't think it's just a case of looking at it. It seems to be more (from what I've read) what you intend to do.
Original post by jwab2222
Hey, thanks for the reply.

All sorts of places really; different web pages. I figured IP addresses may get flagged by the council if they're watching known propaganda as that's part of the PREVENT scheme.

Yeah I guess that's what I'll do, cheers.

Ah, I don't know I'm afraid :frown: I'd speak to your tutor about it as they'll have the proper guidance about these things.

Quick Reply

Latest