The Student Room Group

She told me to stop touching her

Two days I was out with a girl.

Inside this bar this got touchy. We shared little kisses on the lips, and she allowed me to put my hands up her skirt and feel her bum, while she talked about her holidays plans for summer. She was fine, she had her hands all over my face. She complemented me loads.

We went to another bar, while waiting outside in a queue, she said "stop touching me inappropriately" I said sorry and backed off. She then said "it's okay"

We go inside, she buys me a couple of drinks, at this point I have stopped all touching. We walk home as we live in the same direction. Again I keep my hands to myself. But I'm still happy and talkative.

She then says "it's really cold, let's hold hands" I polity decline. She then hands arm arm and we walk arm in arm.

She texts me first thing in the morning. Asking how I am

So why the mixed signals? Does anyone know what's going on?

Scroll to see replies

Why would you decline her request to hold hands???
Because you were touching her in front of people? You glazed over what you were actually doing, it could be that she doesn't want to be groped in public.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Rugby Fierce
Why would you decline her request to hold hands???

Just wasn't in the mood for any sort of contact
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Inside this bar this got touchy. We shared little kisses on the lips, and she allowed me to put my hands up her skirt and feel her bum, while she talked about her holidays plans for summer. She was fine, she had her hands all over my face. She complemented me loads.

We went to another bar, while waiting outside in a queue, she said "stop touching me inappropriately" I said sorry and backed off. She then said "it's okay"

We go inside, she buys me a couple of drinks, at this point I have stopped all touching. We walk home as we live in the same direction. Again I keep my hands to myself. But I'm still happy and talkative.

She then says "it's really cold, let's hold hands" I polity decline. She then hands arm arm and we walk arm in arm.

It's apparent you were simply touching her too much and/or were touching her in the wrong places, i.e. inappropriately. There was no reason to decline holding her hand. These aren't mixed signals, you just need to respect that she doesn't want her bum touched all the time and especially in public. Be a little bit more respectful.
Just wasn't in the mood for any sort of contact

Wow. Sure your testosterone levels are okay?
I think its safe to hold hands, thats not really inappropriate. When you guys were queuing up, where were you touching her? for her to say 'stop touching me inappropriately'. i think she just felt uncomfortable with where you were touching her, and wanted to let you know without being rude maybe

doesnt mean she isnt interested in you
You are right in there my man!
Original post by Rugby Fierce
Wow. Sure your testosterone levels are okay?

Don't get cheeky
It's not mixed signals, she felt awkward because you put your hand up her skirt whilst you were making out in public.

I just do not understand how people on this website lack any level of normal social sense :rofl:

are you sure you are happy? :rolleyes:
you love touching and holding and when she said "no" it hurts you so much that you declined to hold hands... :K:
you gotta understand the circumstances :console:
think maturely when is appropriate to touch and when its not :cookie:
Original post by fatima1998
you love touching and holding and when she said "no" it hurts you so much that you declined to hold hands... :K:

Exactly.

The girl clearly liked OP, but she didn't feel it was appropriate for him to be doing that in public so she told him to stop. For the rest of the evening he was acting defensively because she said one thing.

hmm maybe touch somewhere more appropriate like hands, face, waist?

if not we can delve further into groping ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Touching her bum is a bit OTT if you only her for two days
rekt m9
Original post by Wewuz Hebrews
Exactly.

The girl clearly liked OP, but she didn't feel it was appropriate for him to be doing that in public so she told him to stop. For the rest of the evening he was acting defensively because she said one thing.

Well she was fine with the touching while we was in the bar, which is a public place. However I guess some people see outside as more public.

I wasn't acting defensively, but next time I will tone the touching down. But I guess she
Was cool with it all as she text me after
Original post by fatima1998

Yes I was happy, on the way home she and
I were still talking, I just didn't feel it was right to make any physicial contact after what she said
Well she was fine with the touching while we was in the bar, which is a public place. However I guess some people see outside as more public.

You had your hand up her skirt whilst you were standing in a ****ing line dammit.

Genuine question, do you suffer from Asperger's syndrome?
Original post by Wewuz Hebrews
It's not mixed signals, she felt awkward because you put your hand up her skirt whilst you were making out in public.

I just do not understand how people on this website lack any level of normal social sense :rofl:

My hands up her skirt were in a bar, she was fine regarding this.

Outside all I did was touch her on her lower back.
Original post by Howbeit
It's apparent you were simply touching her too much and/or were touching her in the wrong places, i.e. inappropriately. There was no reason to decline holding her hand. These aren't mixed signals, you just need to respect that she doesn't want her bum touched all the time and especially in public. Be a little bit more respectful.

Original post by AthiaKarim
I think its safe to hold hands, thats not really inappropriate. When you guys were queuing up, where were you touching her? for her to say 'stop touching me inappropriately'. i think she just felt uncomfortable with where you were touching her, and wanted to let you know without being rude maybe

doesnt mean she isnt interested in you

A bar is a public place, and people are more likely to look here.

Outside people are passing by, and anyway it was just a hand on her lower back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending