The Student Room Group

The Arab Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elforjg02
ikr especially the morrocan and algerian ..but I know alot of french so sometimes I'm alright with it :tongue:

Lol same here, French is my first language so I can just about make out what they're trying to say :lol:
question- why are are you guys renoun to be racist and nasty?
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow

because we are.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
I dance the best dabke.

don't @ me

That is the arab version of river-dancing right?
Original post by h333
Ahaha i understand you same with afghans lool....i try to pretend that im not afghan or like hide when i see afghans lool coz omg if they start to talk to you...you will be there for like maybe 3 hrs ahah...but men do not approach afghan women out of respect and islam...only women approach women and men with men.

ahahaha yh i get that...the worst moment is when your out shopping and your mum meets her friend and they start talking for hours and the shop assistant will be just there staring at you :hmpf::rofl::rofl:...and your just wondering around the shop not to be looked at...that's if the woman doesn't drag you into a convo and start talking about your future and being a doctor and la la la .....I love my mama really :colondollar::grin:
Original post by muzi123
I dont want 2 get married within my race!!!!!!

I want to get married 2 an Arab Girl God willing ! but then again im told by people arab women dont marry Pakistanis . Even though im frm the UK my thinking is completely different from Pakistanis etc.

Pakistanis born in UK are much different than those Pakistanis who are born in Pakistan.

Out all the arab countries which are the most likely to marry outside their race im talking about women here?

Try Morroco, Egypt
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow

and why are you asking a STUPID question that has nothing to do with this thread???!!:/...
Original post by Mentally
Does any1 have any advice how i can improve my arabic? I can narely speak it to anyone outside my family and I cant understand any musalsals when watching with my relatives

Basically immerse yourself in Arabic, watch more arabic tv shows.
Watch Aljazera :tongue: and emulate the news casters.
Speak arabic to yourself, yes that helps.
Read more Arabic lit/books/novels.
It shouldn't take you too long to improve it.
Reply 268
Original post by elforjg02
ahahaha yh i get that...the worst moment is when your out shopping and your mum meets her friend and they start talking for hours and the shop assistant will be just there staring at you :hmpf::rofl::rofl:...and your just wondering around the shop not to be looked at...that's if the woman doesn't drag you into a convo and start talking about your future and being a doctor and la la la .....I love my mama really :colondollar::grin:

Aww bless ...yeah same thing with us....ok for us they will like get to know every possible detail about you...basically your life biography ahah...and then somehow most of the time they end up saying we are relatives then ahahah
Original post by Mentally
I always talk arabic with my parents. My mum has been living in the UK for 13 years and she still isnt fluent in english! I am able to understand other yemenis abit and if i try really hard the emiratis, but when i hear the other khaleejis and the morrocons/algerians i have double check that they're speaking arabic!

I think im gonna start by watching english subtitled Musalsals then remove the subs after a while. Any recommendations?

North African arabs are a whole different ball game when it comes to arabic.
Original post by Saeed9714

any one else love bakhoor?

i love it...until the fire alarm goes off :/
love old songs especially this one from Diana Hadad

[video="youtube;N8YnDiPctMQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8YnDiPctMQ[/video]
Original post by sfaraj

Lol we prefer it over our safety so we disabled all our fire alarms XD
Original post by sfaraj

Neighbours are probably starting to wonder what the **** is going on :laugh:
Original post by _icecream
love old songs especially this one from Diana Hadad

[video="youtube;N8YnDiPctMQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8YnDiPctMQ[/video]

Omg omg my childhood idol! Also her songs shater. My Assyrian beauty queen <3
Original post by queen-bee
Omg omg my childhood idol! Also her songs shater. My Assyrian beauty queen <3

I know it reminds me of my childhood 2 that and mani mani <333
Original post by Al-farhan
North African arabs are a whole different ball game when it comes to arabic.

ahum ahum...not all north africans :tongue:
Original post by Saeed9713
Honestly its a game of luck, it could be any arab from anywhere, there isnt a specific one.

Looooool you just reminded me. My cousin went to Saudi for the past 2 weeks for his older brothers wedding, he was getting harassed by a saudi police officer because he is of yemeni origin and so what my cousin did was throw the UK passport on the desk in front of the police officer and the police officer apologised and left him alone :rofl:

ahahahaah yh its tru for every 1 really . Its probably because then they know u are educated.

In Pakistan if u say ur from the UK they respect u but in my area all the people thought i was like a millionare lol;. They said to me tht any1 who is from the UK is rich lol. So i told them no not every 1 is rich who live in the UK. But they respect u .

I think its like people dont respect poor uneducated people like they would for educated people which i hate. Eveyr1 deserves 2 be respected regardless if he is poor or rich.
Original post by Saeed9711
Na, MBC 3 was where all the cool kids were.

i loved MBC, it was the only place i could nickelodeon and disney becuase i didn't have thos channels at home :smile::smile:
Original post by _icecream
Try Morroco, Egypt

I knw Moroccans get married outside ther race. My uncle got married 2 a Moroccan aswell. My cousin got married 2 a Moroccan aswell. My friend uncle got married 2 a Morrocon aswell. However, Egypt i heard their racist aswell . Egyptian girls r pretty!

Are Egyptians classed as arabs or not ? i heard their a different race

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending