The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmawebb
Just a thought for everyone... I had my interviews in jan/feb time and haven't heard yet. They said I'd hear at the end of april but by that stage would they not forget you? Like i felt i done really well at interview and i was delighted with myself upon leaving.. but now that some time has passed I'm thinking they won't actually remember me... and it will be rejections. My heart is broke refreshing pages... :frown:

They probably made their decision at the time but are waiting until they've interviewed everyone to confirm it. I wouldn't doubt yourself if you feel you did well, you probably did do well and they are just keeping you on your toes!

I emailed admissions about my interview outcome and 30 mins later they updated my UCAS with the offer.. So maybe email them? Can't hurt
Just a thought for everyone... I had my interviews in jan/feb time and haven't heard yet. They said I'd hear at the end of april but by that stage would they not forget you? Like i felt i done really well at interview and i was delighted with myself upon leaving.. but now that some time has passed I'm thinking they won't actually remember me... and it will be rejections. My heart is broke refreshing pages... :frown:

I had the same thought and I've emailed them this week for an update, she told me she's currently "holding" mine and several other candidates applications whatever that means.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
I had the same thought and I've emailed them this week for an update, she told me she's currently "holding" mine and several other candidates applications whatever that means.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, where were your interviews? Because when I had my interview for Southampton in January they didn't get back to me until March! I wouldn't worry too much, you must be getting replies soon as the deadline is May and they know that!
Original post by SophL21
They probably made their decision at the time but are waiting until they've interviewed everyone to confirm it. I wouldn't doubt yourself if you feel you did well, you probably did do well and they are just keeping you on your toes!

I emailed admissions about my interview outcome and 30 mins later they updated my UCAS with the offer.. So maybe email them? Can't hurt

Hey, thanks for the reply. I contacted admissions and one of the unis and they both said i was on hold too and would hear end of April. But half an hour later my ucas updated and I got a rejection. This process is horrible. I've been sat waiting since Jan. I'd rather hear sooner than later now my hopes were knocked back. :frown: scared the other uni will do the same.
Hey, thanks for the reply. I contacted admissions and one of the unis and they both said i was on hold too and would hear end of April. But half an hour later my ucas updated and I got a rejection. This process is horrible. I've been sat waiting since Jan. I'd rather hear sooner than later now my hopes were knocked back. :frown: scared the other uni will do the same.

Sorry to hear that hopefully is better news from the other one 😊
Reply 3505
has anyone got an interview at UEA on the 26th? :smile:
Reply 3506
Has anyone got interview at Surrey on the11th April ?
Anyone got interview at UWS Dumfries campus on the 14th? 😊
Original post by Kennastalker

When did you find out and when did you apply? My friend is waiting to hear about Adult Nursing but she applied after Jan 15th x
Hi, is anyone still waiting to hear from Hull or York? I had my interviews in December and February for children's nursing and I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm starting to get nervous about it now!
Hi, i applied on the 14th so I was very close to the deadline. Heard back on 20th January with an invite to testing. Went to the testing on 22nd March and heard back last week that I've got interview on 14th April. Has your friend done the testing? 😊
Original post by AmyH81
When did you find out and when did you apply? My friend is waiting to hear about Adult Nursing but she applied after Jan 15th x

Replied to you above but forgot to quote 😂
Hi, i applied on the 14th so I was very close to the deadline. Heard back on 20th January with an invite to testing. Went to the testing on 22nd March and heard back last week that I've got interview on 14th April. Has your friend done the testing? 😊

Ahh congrats and good luck with interview - no she hasn't been invited for testing yet. She was doing Adult Nursing at Cumbria a few years back but had to drop out for a number of reasons so she's trying to get back into it now but doesn't want to reapply to Cumbria. I'm off to Cumbria to do Children's :-D x
Reply 3513
Can anyone let me know if they've been successful in changing their start date for adult nursing for example, changing March 2017 to September 2016??

Nope I'm the week after 😂😂good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EP97
Can anyone let me know if they've been successful in changing their start date for adult nursing for example, changing March 2017 to September 2016??

I don't think you can, they fill up September 2016 before offering March 2017. I guess you can ask to be put on some kind of reserve list if someone accepted to the September intake doesn't meet their conditions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww congrats on place at Cumbria 😊 tell your friend to try not to worry, i know thay some are going for testing as late as the end of april. I was panicking last week and look at me now 😂😂 Thanks very much xx
Original post by Katiee_98
Hi, is anyone still waiting to hear from Hull or York? I had my interviews in December and February for children's nursing and I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm starting to get nervous about it now!

hi, I'm waiting to hear from hull for adult. Had interview Feb. Good luck x
Original post by stumpy123
hi, I'm waiting to hear from hull for adult. Had interview Feb. Good luck x

Thankyou! I've just phoned Hull and they said that my application is on hold whatever that means but good luck with yours too!x
Original post by Katiee_98
Thankyou! I've just phoned Hull and they said that my application is on hold whatever that means but good luck with yours too!x

I really want to know what that means, I have an application on hold also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending