The Student Room Group

What's your typing speed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Fixed it :wink:

My awful proofreading strikes again :wink:
I did the test.

Original post by Binary Freak
Aye I'm always on FB, but I rarely check to see who's online so I usually just ctrl + shift + tab!

Ah, and I rarely start new conversations these days due to work + study. I just reply to people. Infact, I have facebook blocked at the moment but keep messenger and often appear offline. We're a bad mix :tongue:. Message me first :angry: sometimes :tongue:.

How's it been going? and nice typing speed! :smile:

Mostly okay thanks. Stress has been an issue. The CISCO/MTA stuff is taking a backseat as I focus on A-level revision and I'm trying to appropriate funding so I reduce hrs at my job, to focus on study.
(edited 8 years ago)
I consistently get between 97-100. It appears to drop when I have to spell a word I have never heard of.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Baleroc
I consistently get between 97-100. It appears to drop when I have to spell a word I have never heard of.

Unknown words, for me, are fine. It's punctuation and numbers which are a bit fiddly :/.
Original post by claireestelle
^^^
Mine is 50 at best, never quite mastered touch typing personally but my typing is 2.5 times my writing speed at least :smile:
http://www.typingtest.com/

I use 2 fingers (both my first fingers) and can get 62. I'll take it, do definitely need to invest some time into learning to touch type.
102, then 113, but my hands are cold so probs faster :/
I spend too much time typing I guess.

But, you know what they say about fast fingers.
(edited 8 years ago)
I got 69 WPM
60-70 WPM. I type quite fast, led a life in front of a computer but sometimes I do slow down. You can't do a test and retake it again so soon otherwise you end up making mistakes.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I use 2 fingers (both my first fingers) and can get 62. I'll take it, do definitely need to invest some time into learning to touch type.

I generally use 3/4 fingers across 2 hands but maybe using less could actually be faster
Original post by claireestelle
I generally use 3/4 fingers across 2 hands but maybe using less could actually be faster

The only problem with using so few fingers, I find, is that it's difficult to type without looking at your keyboard at all. Since some of the movements across the keyboard are so large, it's tough to get them perfect, as apposed to touch typing where each finger won't need to move more than 1.5 places in each direction, so it's less guess work with distances.
83 wpm but i'm alot better when there is no punctuation and stuff like that
BOOM!

Original post by balanced
102, then 113, but my hands are cold so probs faster :/
I spend too much time typing I guess.

But, you know what they say about fast fingers.

Not bad ahah! Need screenshots :tongue:

Legit I swear
Original post by yoda123

Legit I swear

Yeh, totally didn't use the inspect tool...?
Original post by mobbsy91
Yeh, totally didn't use the inspect tool...?

Definitely not :noway:
Quick enough so I can procrastinate all weekend/holiday and then pull an all nighter to finish something just before its in:biggrin:

Slow enough so Im never chosen in class to type for the lesson:biggrin:
Original post by yoda123

Legit I swear

45. My hands are too big and clumsy.
Got 47 would like 55

Quick Reply

Latest