My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Oh ok that's good :smile: x

yeah and will tell you guys what she thought when I know X

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes this is very helpful thank you so much

Original post by sahra30013
I'm also doing a view from the bridge. What I do to revise this okay is that I firstly look at the stage directions given by Arthur Miller. For example, when Eddie, 'freezes' when he sees Rodolpho and Catherine dancing and also when Catherine 'flushed with revolt' when she asked Rodolpho to dance. The stage directions will help you understand more about the characters.

Also, learn the most important scenes such as when the Immigration bureau comes or when Eddie kisses Catherine and Rodolpho. Usually, most essay questions cover these scenes, one way or another.

Make sure you know how the characters change and develop and what they represent.
The most important quote in this play I think is 'now we settle for half' as it perfectly describes the characters and the themes.

Hopefully this is helpful :smile:
Hey, are there any resources/documents that you have that's helpful for English (language/a view from the bridge/ of mice and men/ Jekyll &Hyde) as our teachers given up on us and I'm just struggling tbh ahaha. Thanks!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Do it Right
Hey, are there any resources/documents that you have that's helpful for English (language/a view from the bridge/ of mice and men/ Jekyll &Hyde) as our teachers given up on us and I'm just struggling tbh ahaha. Thanks!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know there are CGP revision guides for different plays in English lit and also a poetry revision guide, if that helps :smile:
Plan for today - finish off my essay and proof read it (adding in more closer contextual analysis)

Spoiler

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Plan for today - finish off my essay and proof read it (adding in more closer contextual analysis)

Spoiler

:smile: I am procrastinating as well and it's really bad :frown: Then, i would feel really awful for not doing much :smile: I'm just watching youtube :smile: I love youtube :h:
WOW seriously - you can't go to sleep :eek: ... so you better work then haha :smile:
:smile: I am procrastinating as well and it's really bad :frown: Then, i would feel really awful for not doing much :smile: I'm just watching youtube :smile: I love youtube :h:
WOW seriously - you can't go to sleep :eek: ... so you better work then haha :smile:

Have managed to write 200 words, it's just so tiring though -_- Don't worry Nisha, you seem to work really hard and cover a lot of material anyway - doesn't hurt to have a day or so off! Yeah for me it is 'netflix' which distracts me, being that I am currently watching the most amazing tv series ever! Haha
I've been procrastinating wayy too much today.. I don't know what it is about Maths revision that makes me lose focus so easily. Any tips?
Original post by grace143
I've been procrastinating wayy too much today.. I don't know what it is about Maths revision that makes me lose focus so easily. Any tips?

Hey grace, I am sorry if I came across as being rude in my reply back to you on private messaging, I didn't mean to - I was just feeling really stressed out.

And in regards to maths, I just sit down go through my notes, then attempt practice questions in my textbook - starting off with the easiest types and gradually increasing the difficulty until I have done most of the questions. I'm not a fan of maths, but I just force myself to do it agh. I listen to a playlist called 'intense studying music' which helps me keep focus and provides me with the ability to carry out my work a whole lot faster! Good luck! What topic are you revising at the moment?
Have managed to write 200 words, it's just so tiring though -_- Don't worry Nisha, you seem to work really hard and cover a lot of material anyway - doesn't hurt to have a day or so off! Yeah for me it is 'netflix' which distracts me, being that I am currently watching the most amazing tv series ever! Haha

:smile: Well done I'm actually having a rest for a few hours but then i will be back to work at 7 so hopefully i could get more done :smile:

Hey Grace,
Nice to meet you :smile: Maths would be one of my favourite subject to revise for alongside Chemistry and Biology :smile: You may be thinking that i'm really weird because Maths is my favourite subject haha :smile: For maths, once you know all the context make sure you try something different like Past papers or try watching Maths videos on youtube :smile: Same i've procrastinating as well and i'm doing English Literature , firstly i have no idea how i am meant to revise and secondly it's so dull. But i hope this helped you.
:biggrin:
Weirdly on the day that everyone here seems to have procrastinated I've managed to be really focused and get loads done! And it's ok that some of you haven't managed to do a lot today - you're not machines and we all need breaks once in a while, enjoy it!
Hey grace, I am sorry if I came across as being rude in my reply back to you on private messaging, I didn't mean to - I was just feeling really stressed out.

And in regards to maths, I just sit down go through my notes, then attempt practice questions in my textbook - starting off with the easiest types and gradually increasing the difficulty until I have done most of the questions. I'm not a fan of maths, but I just force myself to do it agh. I listen to a playlist called 'intense studying music' which helps me keep focus and provides me with the ability to carry out my work a whole lot faster! Good luck! What topic are you revising at the moment?

Oh hi Hannah! No you didn't seem rude at all don't worry - I only just realised I never replied to your last message so I'm sorry about that, when I read it I was on my way somewhere and meant to get back to it so I'll do that now :smile: Thank you for the advice, I will spend the rest of the evening trying to go through questions as you suggested. I'll definitely try the playlist too, although sometimes I find it even harder to concentrate with music! Also I haven't really been doing a specific topic today - just small things I needed to go over. So I did the ac method, completing the square, 3D coordinates, went over non-unit fractions as indices, a bit of geometry (perpendicular lines), and some of the difficult questions on changing the subject of a formula. I did a mock paper too. Would have liked to do a lot more than I did!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NiamhM1801
Weirdly on the day that everyone here seems to have procrastinated I've managed to be really focused and get loads done! And it's ok that some of you haven't managed to do a lot today - you're not machines and we all need breaks once in a while, enjoy it!

Well done :smile: you must feel really happy that you managed to get through a lot of revision! What did you manage to do today?
Original post by NiamhM1801

Haha That is true :smile: I just don't know how to revise for English Literature and it's getting on my nerves now :smile: Well done though :smile: x
Hey Grace,
Nice to meet you :smile: Maths would be one of my favourite subject to revise for alongside Chemistry and Biology :smile: You may be thinking that i'm really weird because Maths is my favourite subject haha :smile: For maths, once you know all the context make sure you try something different like Past papers or try watching Maths videos on youtube :smile: Same i've procrastinating as well and i'm doing English Literature , firstly i have no idea how i am meant to revise and secondly it's so dull. But i hope this helped you.
:biggrin:

Hello! Thanks for the advice. In fact you're right, I do find watching youtube videos the best way to revise for maths (especially "HegartyMaths") so I will do some of that this evening :smile: Also that's funny because I really love revising for English Lit (as well as History and French) and I just find both Maths and Science dull and difficult!! Looks like we're opposites when it comes to revision preferences :biggrin:
Has anyone use Mr Burtons maths website ? I find it quite useful.
Hvent done much today only just finisehed mking B3 flash cards went over two topics DNA and Respiration. Gonna do some maths now hope I dont lose too much concentration
Well done :smile: you must feel really happy that you managed to get through a lot of revision! What did you manage to do today?

It does feel good - it's so overdue!
And I managed to do:
-Reread Section 1 of Of Mice and Men and made notes on the main characters, events and themes that were present in that section
-Re-organise my revision folder as its been quite a while since I last did that
-Made notes on the Boscastle and Bangladesh floods, as well as how the features of a rivers course changes as it goes down from upper to lower for geography
-Carried on with my unit 1.1 notes for RS - made notes on the design and causation arguments and how they can lead to belief in God, and also got onto scientific explanations for the creation of the world
-Revised the factor theorem (for factorising cubics), ratio problems and circle theorems for further maths
-Learnt pages 18 and 19 of my German vocab booklet
-Finally finished writing up my physics P1 index cards (I meant to finish them 2 weeks ago)
-Carried on typing up my notes for B2 for biology - not many more left to do now

I'm so so proud of myself as I've done next to nothing for ages :biggrin:
Hello! Thanks for the advice. In fact you're right, I do find watching youtube videos the best way to revise for maths (especially "HegartyMaths":wink: so I will do some of that this evening :smile: Also that's funny because I really love revising for English Lit (as well as History and French) and I just find both Maths and Science dull and difficult!! Looks like we're opposites when it comes to revision preferences :biggrin:

No worries. I've already done IGCSE Maths Edexcel but i still have Statistics and Edexcel Maths so i guess i still need to revise :smile: Oh, yeh we are very opposite :smile: I don't really revise for French but i have to :smile: and WOW how do you revise for English Lit? Are you in year 11? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending