Original post by Miceely
I'll write to them about that.
Thank u so much for information

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Miceely
I'm doing A2 only

Have you done the AS already? You still need an applied (D/M/S) module to get the A2.

Edit: I see @*Stefan* has already replied... :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Miceely
I'll write to them about that.
Thank u so much for information

You can see what Economics units you could do for a full A level on p27 here:http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/288117-entry-codes-14-19-qualifications-2015-16.pdf

For the Maths you need Core Maths 1 -4 and then 2 applied units - either 2 from Statistics 1, Mechanics 1 and Decision Maths 1 or a pair of 1 & 2 (e.g. M1 and M2)
Reply 23
Original post by Compost
You can see what Economics units you could do for a full A level on p27 here:http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/288117-entry-codes-14-19-qualifications-2015-16.pdf

For the Maths you need Core Maths 1 -4 and then 2 applied units - either 2 from Statistics 1, Mechanics 1 and Decision Maths 1 or a pair of 1 & 2 (e.g. M1 and M2)

Thanks.

In that case I'll get that missing units in next year, but now I really don't now understand why I get offers from universities ;-;

EDIT: What do you think about changing my exams form A2 to AS? This is a good idea?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Miceely
Thanks.

In that case I'll get that missing units in next year, but now I really don't now understand why I get offers from universities ;-;

EDIT: What do you think about changing my exams form A2 to AS? This a good idea?

But surely you've done AS already?

You can still change the entries - the exam boards still give a full refund on withdrawals (until 21 April) and it's double fees to enter so if you think you can learn the work for a proper set of A2 Maths and Economics entries then you might as well.

Secondly, have you cashed-in (i.e. asked for overall grades)? If you have then your entries ought to have rung all sorts of alarm bells that your centre ought to have asked you about. If you haven't then universities won't see you have any A levels at all.
Reply 25
Original post by Compost
But surely you've done AS already?

You can still change the entries - the exam boards still give a full refund on withdrawals (until 21 April) and it's double fees to enter so if you think you can learn the work for a proper set of A2 Maths and Economics entries then you might as well.

Secondly, have you cashed-in (i.e. asked for overall grades)? If you have then your entries ought to have rung all sorts of alarm bells that your centre ought to have asked you about. If you haven't then universities won't see you have any A levels at all.

No, I didn't do any AS.
So, I can't change A2 for AS without paying double fees?
I cashed-in with all payment for exams.
Original post by Miceely
I'm going to get A2 Maths, Economics and Business, so overall I have 6 exams.
I paid £498 before 1st deadline

If the universities have given you offers, what was it based upon
because you stated that you haven't done any AS level exams? :shock:

I was confused when I saw C3/4 and no applied module and then assumed
you had already done the full qualification and were resitting just those 2 modules.

Spoiler

Reply 27
Original post by Miceely
No, I didn't do any AS.
So, I can't change A2 for AS without paying double fees?
I cashed-in with all payment for exams.

The universities will probably have made offers assuming you are completing A-Levels normally. If you are just sitting A2 units, and even then not choosing enough or the correct ones, then I'm afraid you will miss the requirements of your offer.

You need to sit the AS and A2 modules to be awarded the full A-Level. Otherwise you are trying to get an A-Level with half the work done by everyone else....

An A2 is not an A-level. You need the AS units also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
If the universities have given you offers, what was it based upon
because you stated that you haven't done any AS level exams? :shock:

I was confused when I saw C3/4 and no applied module and then assumed
you had already done the full qualification and were resitting just those 2 modules.

Spoiler

Maybe because I don't live in UK? I don't have idea ;-;

It was complicated before information that I got know with today, but right now I'm really worried and don't know what should do.
Reply 29
Original post by Miceely

It was complicated before information that I got know with today, but right now I'm really worried and don't know what should do.

You should have asked the exams officer at the centre, or asked about it on TSR.

As it stands at the moment you will not meet your offer.

I don't know if you can learn all the AS modules in time to do well in the exam this year. Perhaps you should carry on and do your A2 exams now (as they are just a month or so away), and then do the AS exams next year. And reapply to the unis for entry in 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by jneill
The universities will probably have made offers assuming you are completing A-Levels normally. If you are just sitting A2 units, and even then not choosing enough or the correct ones, then I'm afraid you will miss the requirements of your offer.

You need to sit the AS and A2 modules to be awarded the full A-Level. Otherwise you are trying to get an A-Level with half the work done by everyone else....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand that.
I want to take any exams in that year...

After checking the website of college I found that they offer only 2 units of A2.
Reply 31
Original post by Miceely

BTW, do you live in the UK now? If not you can usually sit the exams at the British Council in your own country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Miceely
I understand that.
I want to take any exams in that year...

After checking the website of college I found that they offer only 2 units of A2.

Tagging @Compost (they posted earlier) and pay attention to their advice. They are an exams officer.

There's no way a UK college will be offering the wrong or insufficient units. You might be misunderstanding what the web site says...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by jneill
BTW, do you live in the UK now? If not you can usually sit the exams at the British Council in your own country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, currently I live in Poland and taking my GCSE equivalent in mid-April.
I don't think so and even it is possible I wouldn't do that.
I took IELTS in British Council in Cracow and have mixed feelings about that. Overall I got 7.5, bout staff was unhelpful and unpleasant.
Reply 34
Original post by jneill
I can't tag Compost using the app, but pay attention to their advice. They are an exams officer.

There's no way a UK college will be offering the wrong or insufficient units. You might be misunderstanding what the web site says...

Posted from TSR Mobile

image.png
Attachment not found

These are screenshots from the website
Original post by nanse
so been looking for private examination for both english/maths does anyone know if there is any private examination centre that could anyone who lives nearby throw me some names website out for me to check out cheap examination exca.I want to take aqa sociology and aqa business studies units.

if anyone know the price would be grateful

You could be better off not sitting this year's A2 as you need both the AS and A2 for a levels, but you could sit the new linear A-Level in 2017 when you sit just one exam in June to get full A-Level grade.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Miceely
No, currently I live in Poland and taking my GCSE equivalent in mid-April.
I don't think so and even it is possible I wouldn't do that.
I took IELTS in British Council in Cracow and have mixed feelings about that. Overall I got 7.5, bout staff was unhelpful and unpleasant.

Oh dear, I have found BC staff to be very helpful and friendly in the 2 countries I've had experience off.

But actually they don't need to be friendly, they just need to invigilate your exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by jneill
Oh dear, I have found BC staff to be very helpful and friendly in the 2 countries I've had experience off.

But actually they don't need to be friendly, they just need to invigilate your exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile

When the invigilator shouting at you without a reason (I just wrote an essay) you're confused and don't want get into that centre. It's only my experience but to the other BC I have to go 600km... so if I can choose between my country or UK, I definitely prefer UK. In every aspect.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Miceely
image.png
Attachment not found

These are screenshots from the website

That says F584 (Transport Economics) and F585 (Global Economy). According to your timetable you are currently sitting F583 and F584.
Reply 39
Original post by jneill
That says F584 (Transport Economics) and F585 (Global Economy). According to your timetable you are currently sitting F583 and F584.

I didn't see that before. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending