The Student Room Group

Re-sitting one AS

So last year I got a U in psychology, and because yes, I am that dull... I decided to take on A2 psychology, and I was allowed. I'm thinking about re-sitting PSYA2 rather than PSYA 1 and 2. What's the highest possible grade I could have? Or would you recommend re-sitting both papers?
Reply 1
Original post by Shotgun
So last year I got a U in psychology, and because yes, I am that dull... I decided to take on A2 psychology, and I was allowed. I'm thinking about re-sitting PSYA2 rather than PSYA 1 and 2. What's the highest possible grade I could have? Or would you recommend re-sitting both papers?

Hi,

What grade are you aiming for? Perhaps you should attempt to resist both- as this is the last year that AQA are doing the last of the old AS; so you should keep your options open and give yourself the biggest chance as possible. Which PSYA1 OR PSYA2 do you feel more confident in? Most people in my year are resisting either or in order to get a higher grade; they are relying on A2 to get a satisfying grade overall.

X
Reply 2
Original post by Shotgun

It depends what you got in your first attempt on the unit you're not re-sitting. If you got at least 20UMS then you could still (theoretically) get an A*.
Reply 3
I'm not exactly the best as psychology so anything as low as a C will make me incredibly happy. I think maybe I'll talk to my teacher about it and head of sixth form to see if it badly affects my chances of getting into university. Thank you for your help!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Your welcome; hows A2 going for you? what topics are you doing?
X
Original post by Shotgun
I'm not exactly the best as psychology so anything as low as a C will make me incredibly happy. I think maybe I'll talk to my teacher about it and head of sixth form to see if it badly affects my chances of getting into university. Thank you for your help!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
They're going much better than last year... Last year I was completely clueless. I'm studying psychology, sociology and English literature. What about you? And how are A-Levels going for you if you're doing them? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest