The Student Room Group

Should schools alter changing rooms, toilets + uniforms to accommodate trans pupils?

Scroll to see replies

Well 65.01% of you's are ignorant.

Sex neutral bathrooms are fine. No rapist is going to be deterred by a sign with a sex that isn't theirs to so stop projecting. Everyone needs a toilet room so the 65%, stop being a bag of dicks.

Everyone should be able to wear any type of relevant school uniform. You want the trousers? Go for it but there should be a jeans option. You want the dress or skirt? Go for it. They can both look great regardless of ones body.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wewuz Hebrews
Whilst I agree that accommodating transgender pupils is important, I can imagine this sort of heavy handed liberalism being a disaster in terms of protecting girls.

In the PE changing rooms at my school, there were loads of fights, people having their pants pulled down, bags chucked in the shower. If one person suffers sexual assault as a result of this, there should be immediate resignations.

Please could you clarify why you think sexual assault is any more likely with gender-neutral facilities?
Reply 82
Original post by Sug4rkane

Sex neutral bathrooms are fine. No rapist is going to be deterred by a sign with a sex that isn't theirs to so stop projecting. Everyone needs a toilet room so the 65%, stop being a bag of dicks.

Everyone should be able to wear any type of relevant school uniform. You want the trousers? Go for it but there should be a jeans option. You want the dress or skirt? Go for it. They can both look great regardless of ones body.

Rapists no but if you make it easier other offences will increase, if we had the same gun laws as America that would mean more guns and more shootings.

I voted no because I think those changes are unnecessary we can do more yes but I think acceptance of them as either gender would be better than the suggestions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 83
absolutely not , what a waste of money. trans should go to the toilets they feel best making a separate one would be a form of segregation.
Reply 84

I agree people can wear whatever they want but they should acknowledge the gender given to them by birth
Reply 85

I agree people can wear whatever they want but they should acknowledge the gender given to them by birth
Original post by wania98

lol no thanks
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Yes. Having at least one all gender bathroom and changing area and letting people wear whatever uniform they want isn't going to hurt anyone and will make things easier for pupils who identify as trans or gender non-binary. Can't think of a reason why you wouldn't do it :dontknow:

:ditto:
I think that kids should be allowed to use whatever bathroom they're comfortable with, as well as wear the uniform of the gender they choose to identify as! The only thing is that school's not the most accepting or mature environment at the best of times.. :frown:
how would they adapt uniforms i don't really understand ?
Original post by wania98
absolutely not , what a waste of money. trans should go to the toilets they feel best making a separate one would be a form of segregation.

Removing signs doesn't cost anything. Gender neutral bathrooms are the complete opposite of segregation.
Original post by AlmightyJesus
it would incredibly easy to exploit, as south park demonstrated when cartman simply claimed to be trans and therefore the school had to let him use it or else they'd get sued

But then... what I took from that episode was that it was Cartman exploiting the system... the guy who kill a guys parents and fed them to him and single handedly changed the results of the american election. To me, it emphasized the point that a sociopath like Cartman would do something like that, not an ordinary student.
Reply 92
Removing signs doesn't cost anything. Gender neutral bathrooms are the complete opposite of segregation.

oh i thought they were creating a third stall like in south park lol:facepalm: nevermind
How many young school kids identify as trans though?
Original post by wania98

Good job on completely invalidating every trans person ever.
Lol wtf is the world coming to?
Original post by jawsontheflooor
how would they adapt uniforms i don't really understand ?

I assume just combine the rules for boys with those for girls and make them apply to everyone. Then males and females (transgender or otherwise) can all wear skirts or trousers or jackets or ties or whatever the dress code says.
Reply 97
Original post by LostInPanda
But then... what I took from that episode was that it was Cartman exploiting the system... the guy who kill a guys parents and fed them to him and single handedly changed the results of the american election. To me, it emphasized the point that a sociopath like Cartman would do something like that, not an ordinary student.

People will exploit the system
There's a limit to how liberal we become.

Think of the expense it will cost to implement it, considering so few a people will actually use such facillities. It's ridiculous and transgender people just have to accept it and live in a world that only separates gender into male and female.
Original post by Youngmetro
There's a limit to how liberal we become.

Think of the expense it will cost to implement it, considering so few a people will actually use such facillities. It's ridiculous and transgender people just have to accept it and live in a world that only separates gender into male and female.

Or we could let trans people use the bathroom they feel most comfortable in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending