The Student Room Group

Use maintenance loan for tuition fees?

Hello, I was just wondering if I can use my maintenance grant, of which I'd have excess, to pay off some of my tuition fee, of which I have £3000 not covered by loan because it's a private University.
Original post by similarBlank
Hello, I was just wondering if I can use my maintenance grant, of which I'd have excess, to pay off some of my tuition fee, of which I have £3000 not covered by loan because it's a private University.

Once it's paid to you it's yours to do what you like with
Isn't your maintenance loan given to you in termly instalments though? If so, check with the uni that they don't need all their fees upfront.
How many terms are in a semester?
How many terms are in a semester?

There's three terms across the year: Sept-Dec; Jan-March; April-May/June. Maintenance gets paid at the beginning of each of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lascelles
There's three terms across the year: Sept-Dec; Jan-March; April-May/June. Maintenance gets paid at the beginning of each of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah.

So, is the beginning of each term also normally when the universities require payment?

I think my university works in a semester system but do you think they'd require payment at the beginning of terms or whenever the usual one is?
Reply 6
Ah.

So, is the beginning of each term also normally when the universities require payment?

I think my university works in a semester system but do you think they'd require payment at the beginning of terms or whenever the usual one is?

Every uni can set its own direct fee payment regime, so you need to check with yours. My current uni wants payment in two instalments - one at the start of the academic year, the second at the start of the second term (immediately after New Year).
Original post by Klix88
Every uni can set its own direct fee payment regime, so you need to check with yours. My current uni wants payment in two instalments - one at the start of the academic year, the second at the start of the second term (immediately after New Year).

So, that might cause me problems if I don't get the loan in time. :P I'll have to check. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending