The Student Room Group

Geography edexcel B revision

Any advice on how to revise and what to focus my revision on? There is quite a lot of content and I don't know what kind of questions are normally asked - any tips on how and where to start?
Reply 1
Original post by za07
Any advice on how to revise and what to focus my revision on? There is quite a lot of content and I don't know what kind of questions are normally asked - any tips on how and where to start?

look at the specification for geography for more information reply back just tell me cause im taking the new gcses
(edited 8 years ago)
Make notes? I have a textbook and made notes from it, and covered all of my topics, now I'm going to memorise it.
Reply 3
Original post by flippantri
Make notes? I have a textbook and made notes from it, and covered all of my topics, now I'm going to memorise it.

fairynuf
Original post by za07

Make sure you make notes, know case studies and know it inside out. Go through loads of past papers too
Original post by za07

Finally someone doing the same course as me! I absolutely hate this course, the revision guide is awful, and all the case studies are mixed up.

I've basically finished my flashcards for Geog but I still need to memorise them..
Reply 6
For Geography, it would be really useful to you if you went on the Edexcel/Pearson website and printed out the specification for all the topics in Unit 1 and Unit 2, then from there you should work methodically to make sure you understand what you need to know, tick it off if need be and make the appropriate notes. Once you have done this you should focus on the case studies, they are one of the most important things and will come up in every unit, make sure you know them so well that you can do exam questions based on them easily.
Reply 7
Original post by ukila
For Geography, it would be really useful to you if you went on the Edexcel/Pearson website and printed out the specification for all the topics in Unit 1 and Unit 2, then from there you should work methodically to make sure you understand what you need to know, tick it off if need be and make the appropriate notes. Once you have done this you should focus on the case studies, they are one of the most important things and will come up in every unit, make sure you know them so well that you can do exam questions based on them easily.

Thanks that sounds like a pretty straight forward method that i can stick to.
I make flash cards that summarise each case studies:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest