The Student Room Group

Pressue Groups Examples AQA AS

I'm making some revision notes on pressure groups and there're a couple of points I can't for the life of me find examples/case studies for! If you could help me out and suggest a pressure group that fits in with these points, that'd be great

1. I need an example/evidence that only a small number of groups actually contribute to policy making

2. One which is all over social media and therefore very popular (there's one on the tip of my tongue but I just cannot for the life of me remember...)

3. An example of direct action which was heavily publicised

4. Some statistics/facts that show the popularity of pressure groups and how they encourage people to participate (i.e. participation compared to mainstream party politics)

If anyone else needs an example for a point, I have loads so don't hesitate to ask!
For the third one you can talk about junior doctor strikes. There is something about them on BBC News every other day, and when they organise a strike or march or something, it's always on the front page.

For the fourth - the membership of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds has more than a million members. This is more than the membership of all political parties in the UK combined. And this is just one pressure group. The TUC has 6 million members.

What sort of examples have you gathered? I may be interested in some to add to my notes.
Reply 2
Original post by popcornjpg
For the third one you can talk about junior doctor strikes. There is something about them on BBC News every other day, and when they organise a strike or march or something, it's always on the front page.

For the fourth - the membership of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds has more than a million members. This is more than the membership of all political parties in the UK combined. And this is just one pressure group. The TUC has 6 million members.

What sort of examples have you gathered? I may be interested in some to add to my notes.

Thank you so much - the junior doctor one was the one I was thinking of, but you know how it is when you just cannot remember something!

Pretty much every essay point in the topic is in my notes with some examples, each part of it has evidence with it because that's where I fell flat in my mocks - not taking any chances this summer!
Original post by meganxs
Thank you so much - the junior doctor one was the one I was thinking of, but you know how it is when you just cannot remember something!

Pretty much every essay point in the topic is in my notes with some examples, each part of it has evidence with it because that's where I fell flat in my mocks - not taking any chances this summer!

It's kind of the only thing that seems to be holding me back as well. I do include a lot of examples but I always miss out on those three or four marks because I simply could've used more. Plan to spend most of my day tomorrow just looking for examples and adding them into my notes. I have loads for elections and pressure groups but lacking quite a few for Parliament and the Judiciary.
Reply 4
What are the predictions for pressure groups ????

Quick Reply

Latest