The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Squishy•
It was

It wasn't, if it was I'd love to know what the classical Arabic word for singularity, high density state, plank epoch, quantum fluctuation etc etc

and we all believed in it before the publication of non-Muslims however we had no empirical evidence so we were relying on faith and faith doesn't score too well in scientific journals I don't think.

Who are "we" when "we all believed in it"? There were two competing ideologies, one is the Aristotelian view that the universe was infinite, and the other viewpoint was the universe was finite (this is the one where Muslims, Jewish and Christian scholars "believed" in). Believing that the universe was finite is not the same thing as "believing" in the big bang...

No meanings can be changed, how can it be changes there is tafseer which is the meaning and that isn't changed.

Ah, so I'm assuming you're aware of all the publicans before the 1930s has different meanings. And the fact that the meaning of the word al-moosiun (okay I messed up the spelling) was changed from "vastness of space" to "expander" coincidentally after Hubble's discovery? and the fact that a word in classical Arabic can have several meanings? Meanings can be twisted, in fact Zakir Naik does it a lot :smile:You can believe this is the "right intended meaning" but it is still confirmation bias.
http://rationalislam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/expanding-universe-predicted-in-quran.html

Also aside from that, even if there are things in the Quran which aren't understood yet but when modern scientific evidence suggests a theory which fits the guidelines then that could allow us to understand the reference.

It doesn't fit any "quran guideline" until you allow vague interpretations of ambiguous verse to match your conclusion. You are free to believe this notion, but it is purely a matter of faith (and bias).

Why were the words there in the first place which could provide this meaning? It's not like the words can be interpreted to suggest that the sun was made after Earth or the Big Bang happened and we only applied the modern evidence because that would be impossible.
These words are vague and could mean many things... as I said before certain words can mean different things, and people cherry their meanings to fit conclusions.In fact the Quran says, the heavens and the earth was made together does it not? We know that's not true.I think you have linked us Zakir Naik's video about science in the Quran? I'm not sure though, it may have been someone else... I urge to you watch this video in response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvG-606KqwU
Reply 361
u guys all unfortunately have no idea what u are talking about. Islam is the world's fastest growing religion ok? ppl wouldn't just be converted if the religion was how u think it is. Islam is a beautiful religion and u have totally got the wrong end of the stick in terms of the video and ur understanding
Original post by Hydeman
I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to compare him to Trump in terms of how much of a charlatan he is. :holmes:

Nope it wouldn't be stretch at all, their business model is very similar.

would love to see him run for prime minister of India though because...

1. to enrage the militant Hindu nationals.

2. to see his campaign fall flat on its face as he realises Indians dislike him...

"Make Islam great again!"
Original post by iqx_
u guys all unfortunately have no idea what u are talking about. Islam is the world's fastest growing religion ok? ppl wouldn't just be converted if the religion was how u think it is. Islam is a beautiful religion and u have totally got the wrong end of the stick in terms of the video and ur understanding

Islam is growing quickly due to high birth rates, not religiosity. Secularism and atheism are growing faster than any religion, including Islam.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Islam is growing quickly due to high birth rates, not religiosity. Secularism and atheism are growing faster than any religion, including Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sIDphS0R6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJAL6xgViqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKufOylf8s&feature=youtu.be
Original post by iqx_
thank you for your opinion

now, can you support these views with any material ? (possibly, with something which has not been posted already umpteen times on our forum)

e.g., why exactly should we agree that Islam is "a beautiful religion" ?

best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending