The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Mad Men?

Also, what was wrong with The Wire's ending?

Haven't watched either of them so don't care how they ended.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Haven't watched either of them so don't care how they ended.

x
Breaking Bad was overrated as well tbh. Not in the same league as The Wire or Mad Men.

You're joking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. Compared to those two, it's clearly inferior. Clearly.

Well Taylor swift is the most attractive woman in the world to you so I cant accept your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pls justify.
Original post by AR_95
Well Taylor swift is the most attractive woman in the world to you so I cant accept your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Natalie Portman is actually. I love Taylor though, she's up there.

Pls justify.

Wire trumps it in everything except production values; MUCH better characters, better story, dialogue, pacing, acting is about even

It's closer to Mad Men, but Mad Men has the better acting, pacing and dialogue. Wouldn't argue against Breaking Bad having the better story and characters. But Don Draper > Walter White all day.

Anyway, nothing can really touch The Wire. It's TV perfection.
Natalie Portman is actually. I love Taylor though, she's up there.

Wire trumps it in everything except production values; MUCH better characters, better story, dialogue, pacing, acting is about even

It's closer to Mad Men, but Mad Men has the better acting, pacing and dialogue. Wouldn't argue against Breaking Bad having the better story and characters. But Don Draper > Walter White all day.

Anyway, nothing can really touch The Wire. It's TV perfection.

I'll give it a watch and get back to you with a score out of 10 denoting how wrong you are.
I'll give it a watch and get back to you with a score out of 10 denoting how wrong you are.

You don't realise the greatness of The Wire until about six months after you've watched the last episode. Don't @ me until then.
@Jimmy Seville
do you remember that sick bank robbery film you mentioned a few months back that I forgot the name of by any chance??
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
@Jimmy Seville
do you remember that sick bank robbery film you mentioned a few months back that I forgot the name of by any chance??

With Denzel?

Inside Man.

Was watching Training Day yesterday, he nails every role he plays..
Reply 1492
[video="youtube;dNHb3lZobt0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNHb3lZobt0[/video]

Obviously **** the first few seconds - its the trailer that I want you to see
Circuit of Wales racetrack looking like it won't go ahead as the government are pulling out their investment.

Is there a more **** on region than the Welsh valleys?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Circuit of Wales racetrack looking like it won't go ahead as the government are pulling out their investment.

Is there a more **** on region than the Welsh valleys?

the precautions of the government seem reasonable enough tbh
Original post by sevchenko
the precautions of the government seem reasonable enough tbh

Yeah, I agree tbh, but it was destined to fail from the very beginning. The Welsh government and local councils are the very definition of inept.
And then there's Dave C and his boys in London who look like they're going to just let the steel industry disappear.
The Government are *****. Politicians are *****. But David Cameron/Osborne/Goldsmith/IDS/Gove/May are doing a great job managing to be even bigger ***** than all the other *****.

I genuinely can't understand why people from our generation would vote for them, because they are screwing up education, healthcare, welfare and god knows what else. Then it turns out Cameron'd dad is a **** as well.

Let's be honest as well, Boris is a **** too, but because he has funny hair he gets a pass.
I voted Tory in the election, but the way it's going I don't think I will be doing so in the next one, although there's still plenty of time. Won't be voting Labour though, Corbyn would destroy us. Haven't got a clue who'd I go for.
Just ****ing lol at each and everyone who voted Tory and only now realised how Scum they are

Also lol at the notion that Corbyn would destroy us, when Torys are already destroying all aspects of this country

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
My Dad voted for them but tbf it's the first time he has and said he'd vote for people who'd help him for once. I can understand as you get older as to why you would vote more right wing (Not extreme inb4 Chelsea racist hurr durr), but anyone 30/40 years under or has a disability etc and expecting the Tory's/Cameron to improve their life is a retard.

Latest