The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frozen_fire
It's up to you- if the doctor's prescribed anti-depressants then there should be no harm in taking them to ease the panic/anxiety attacks. I think once you have physically left university, that will help you to detach from alot of the negativity associated with your time there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. Yeah I agree.

She sent this message to a mutual friend of ours:

"I tried to talk to him I asked if he is ok. But he wants more than this. He wants to be close friends again. Why should I force myself? Do you think he deserve this? Really I gave him million chances but this guy doesn't understand anything. He said he will change but he will never change. He is a kid. When a girl tells u to f*ck off, u f*ck off that's it. I don't like the way he acts do I don't like him anymore. Should I just talk to him coz I have pity on him? If you want to help him, don't message me just teach him how to be a man. You're not helping him this way. His other friend already messaged me. The thing is, with me this won't work. Nobody can convince me."

:frown: I don't know what to say.
I really want to send her a nasty message. She deserves it. Should I?
Original post by believeteam22

No. Stop doing this to yourself. Bloody do yourself a favour and leave her alone.
Original post by Airmed
No. Stop doing this to yourself. Bloody do yourself a favour and leave her alone.

Ok then, I won't. I'll leave the b*tch alone. She's pure evil. Karma will get her one day.
Ok. Yeah I agree.

She sent this message to a mutual friend of ours:

"I tried to talk to him I asked if he is ok. But he wants more than this. He wants to be close friends again. Why should I force myself? Do you think he deserve this? Really I gave him million chances but this guy doesn't understand anything. He said he will change but he will never change. He is a kid. When a girl tells u to f*ck off, u f*ck off that's it. I don't like the way he acts do I don't like him anymore. Should I just talk to him coz I have pity on him? If you want to help him, don't message me just teach him how to be a man. You're not helping him this way. His other friend already messaged me. The thing is, with me this won't work. Nobody can convince me."

:frown: I don't know what to say.

If you can get in touch with her send it and say i don't need your pity thanks
Original post by chikane

No don't send it! Just leave it be, delete her off everything, block her so she can't contact you either and work on improving yourself, not making the same mistakes again and finding someone else.

She sounds like a horrible person and all she's doing is hurting you, so why do you want to even bother trying with her?
Original post by chikane

See, now I woke up today, and I have forgotten the things she said, and I miss her. Why does this keep happening? I just cannot stay angry at this girl. I just cannot. Am I crazy?
She is treating me like dirt and still I want her. :frown:
Original post by Darien91
No don't send it! Just leave it be, delete her off everything, block her so she can't contact you either and work on improving yourself, not making the same mistakes again and finding someone else.

She sounds like a horrible person and all she's doing is hurting you, so why do you want to even bother trying with her?

OK. I miss her still. How messed up is that? I guess I miss the way things used to be, she wasn't always like this. We used to be good friends. It's just difficult to accept that it's over and we will never be friends again :frown:
I feel heartbroken
OK. I miss her still. How messed up is that? I guess I miss the way things used to be, she wasn't always like this. We used to be good friends. It's just difficult to accept that it's over and we will never be friends again :frown:
I feel heartbroken

It's not messed up it's natural, you're only human. BUT you have to accept it's over, it's been years now and she won't change, all you're doing is making yourself worse
Original post by Darien91
It's not messed up it's natural, you're only human. BUT you have to accept it's over, it's been years now and she won't change, all you're doing is making yourself worse

It's difficult to accept. She will never change. I just cannot stop thinking about how badly this ended. I think about her everyday, I feel pain and miserable everyday. It's killing me inside.
And I am not coping well at all. And I have 2 weeks of uni left and tons to do but I just cannot focus on my work.
It's difficult to accept. She will never change. I just cannot stop thinking about how badly this ended. I think about her everyday, I feel pain and miserable everyday. It's killing me inside.
And I am not coping well at all. And I have 2 weeks of uni left and tons to do but I just cannot focus on my work.

I honestly don't know what to say to help you progress beyond this.

You tell me how you think you can move on from this.
And where do you see yourself in a year. Every detail.
Original post by frozen_fire
This is the sort of thing you will have to discuss with your therapist. You have deep seated emotional attachment issues that need addressing. As a follower of these threads for over a year now, my conclusion is you have very little else to focus on in your life that brings you joy or excitement, and by building your entire happiness around someone you were both in love with and infatuated by, you set yourself up for a massive fall when neither of those emotions were reciprocated.

That's a brilliant answer. Actually there have been experiments conducted with rats that shows how addiction to drugs actually occur. It's to with the rats having nothing else in their environment apart from the drug within there drinking water. Aside from the drug fused water, all there is within their environment is regular drinking water. However when the rats were introduced to opposite sex, running wheels and what not, they did not go near the drug fused water and drank the regular water.
Original post by tailred
I honestly don't know what to say to help you progress beyond this.

You tell me how you think you can move on from this.
And where do you see yourself in a year. Every detail.

I just feel really really sad and I miss her and our friendship. I guess it will just take a long time to get over.
For now, I need to do my uni work as I have less than 3 weeks to get everything done, so that's all I am thinking of. Once I leave uni, I will focus on my health, hit the gym and just relax a little. And then of course I will look for a proper job. In a year, I see myself in a proper job (9-5).
That's all I can think of.

But I know this will be hard. I was so emotionally attached to this girl, that now, I feel extremely alone and lost and just really really heartbroken. I regret that this friendship ended this way, but it's impossible to change her mind. So I just have to somehow ride out this pain.
I miss her so much. :frown: It's kills me that we will never be friends again. I am trying my best to forget her and focus on other things, but it's hard.
Can I send her this email? Is it a bad idea?

"I want you to know a few things...U said I will never change. But I willchange. And I won’t disturb you again or insist. I will just respect yourdecision that you don’t want me as a friend anymore.But I don’t want to end this in a bad way.So I will just say everything from my heart...Sorry I kept emailing but I didn’t know howelse to contact you. I know I made myself look like an idiot but I just couldn’tbelieve that we were not friends anymore, my heart couldn’t believe it and itwasn’t easy to accept.I’m sorry for a lot of things. I’m sorryfor my bad attitude, for acting like a kid, etc.The thing I regret is that I couldn’tcontrol my feelings and emotions. I think if I was patient and I waited, wewould be friends again, but I made a mistake and things happened very quicklyand I guess I have to live with that and learn from it.The reason I became jealous was because Iwas afraid of losing you from my life. And I guess that pushed you away and thething that I was scared of, ended up happening.For a long time, you treated me like aclose friend, or best friend, I was important for you, and I was happy likethat. But then, I became stupid and childish during last summer and I couldn’tcontrol my emotions and it strained our friendship. And I really regret that.I know you don’t like me anymore, and thathurts me, but I know I am to blame.We are not friends for more than 5 weeksnow and I have been thinking about our friendship and I really miss having youas a friend. But I know, it’s not possible to be friends now, so I will just rememberthe good memories with you.For me, you were a good friend. I reallyenjoyed my time with you. And I hope in someway, I made you happy during ourfriendship.We ate together, laughed together, workedtogether, helped each other, bought each other gifts, paid for each other, etc.I won’t forget all this.I hope you will forgive me for all thethings I said and whenever I did something to make u angry or sad.I know I can’t do anything to change yourmind, but I just wanted you to know all this.I’m very sad I will finish uni withoutbeing your friend but I understand it’s life.I hope you are ok, I hope you finish uniwith a good grade, and I hope everything is good for you.I hope you will always be happy and I hopeyou have a good life.Thank you for everythingGoodbyeTake care"
Don't. Don't bother contacting her again, seriously. It's just going to be harder to move on. You're wasting your time.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Don't. Don't bother contacting her again, seriously. It's just going to be harder to move on. You're wasting your time.

Are you sure it's a bad idea? Did you read what I wrote? I spoke from my heart..
Are you sure it's a bad idea? Did you read what I wrote? I spoke from my heart..

You need to understand that talking to her regardless of what you convey in the email is pointless. You want to be her friend for a selfish reason which is due to your emotional attachment to her. That's it. She won't be your friend. You are not thinking clearly. You think that she will be your friend if you apologise and show how non-functional you are without her. She is a free being as well, and can see through your delusion or just does not care enough to even look into it or you.

You have to understand that you are being selfish. Don't get me wrong, we are all selfish essentially to some degree, but you go out of your way to ignore how selfish you are and make yourself the victim, repeatedly. This girl from what you say sounds really dumb and i don't care about you say. The way you describe her, her lack of concern and perception on how people should be and her inability to empathise just makes her sound like a ****. You have brilliant people on tsr that have been helping you out for the past 2 years consistently. That can relate to you. You need to realise the people that have real worth in your life and stop trying to hide your floors.

You need to try and change, because people on this forum will get bored of you and stop talking to you just like the idiot girl you are obsessed with.

You may think i am being a dick, but i don't care. Provided i help you it's worth it.
Original post by tailred
You need to understand that talking to her regardless of what you convey in the email is pointless. You want to be her friend for a selfish reason which is due to your emotional attachment to her. That's it. She won't be your friend. You are not thinking clearly. You think that she will be your friend if you apologise and show how non-functional you are without her. She is a free being as well, and can see through your delusion or just does not care enough to even look into it or you.

You have to understand that you are being selfish. Don't get me wrong, we are all selfish essentially to some degree, but you go out of your way to ignore how selfish you are and make yourself the victim, repeatedly. This girl from what you say sounds really dumb and i don't care about you say. The way you describe her, her lack of concern and perception on how people should be and her inability to empathise just makes her sound like a ****. You have brilliant people on tsr that have been helping you out for the past 2 years consistently. That can relate to you. You need to realise the people that have real worth in your life and stop trying to hide your floors.

You need to try and change, because people on this forum will get bored of you and stop talking to you just like the idiot girl you are obsessed with.

You may think i am being a dick, but i don't care. Provided i help you it's worth it.

Agree with this 100%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tailred

Well, maybe I am being selfish. But, I just really miss her and our friendship.

Latest

Trending

Trending