The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you think a woman who has killed a foetus could ever be a good mother?

Is there any way to tell if a woman has had an abortion in case she lies about it?

Any woman who would be for it in any way would be removed of my list of potential partners. #1 turn off for sure. Utterly barbaric, killing your own potential child.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
- no
- well, each to their own, but I don't see any moral injustice in abortions

by the way, can't be bothered to make debate if anyone argues
Original post by LeftWingMoron
Is there any way to tell if a woman has had an abortion in case she lies about it?

Any woman who would be for it in any way would be removed of my list of potential partners. #1 turn off for sure. Utterly barbaric, killing your own potential child.

I really think you should consider the situation in which the abortion occured before making a judgment like that.
Anyone who uses contraceptionor doesn't get pregnant on every period: utterly barbaric, killing your own potential child.
its not real your business if a woman has had an abortion, and it doesn't make you a bad mother if you have had an abortion previously? it's a foetus not a baby.

no

well if that child is deformed and has serious problems then you might want to reconsider giving birth because it won't have opportunities other in life will
I don't agree with abortion per se but I can understand that some women (and let's be real, girls) feel it's the only way out. People change, it's not like you or me have lead flawless lives so what she did before isn't really any of my business unless it will affect me or any kids we might wanna have in the future (& afaik previous abortions don't)
You have no idea of the trauma and detrimental psychological impact that merely thinking you're pregnant under difficult circumstances can have - never mind actually having to carry a foetus for nine months and then either giving it up for adoption or looking after it and providing for it. You're refusing the woman autonomy and choice; this is what is truly barbaric.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Anyone who uses contraceptionor doesn't get pregnant on every period: utterly barbaric, killing your own potential child.

Laughable comparison. Try again.

Original post by idontknowmedoyou
its not real your business if a woman has had an abortion, and it doesn't make you a bad mother if you have had an abortion previously? it's a foetus not a baby.

Actually it will be my business if I want a compatable wife. A foetus is a potential baby. Surgical abortion is barbaric and shows all the traits of a terrible mother. No wonder they suffer from so much trauma afterwards.
It's more barbaric to force a child to be born and make them live an unpleasant life imo
You're all speaking from nice easy positions in society; you're on TSR so you have internet access which already puts you in the upper 50% of the global wealth percentile. But look outside the shielded perspectives you have. If a woman is in abject poverty, working on her own as a single woman and gets pregnant, of course it's in her and the baby's interest to have an abortion! Why would she raise a baby if she knows she can't provide it with adequate healthcare, food, water and shelter? If women get the main responsibility of having a baby they deserve the right because it is their body. Whether you want to allow abortions freely for partners who just forgot to use protection is different. All I'm saying is it's entirely justifiable in some cases including rape. What sort of child would one day want to find out it's a product of rape and serve as a constant symbol of mental trauma for its mother??
You have no idea of the trauma and detrimental psychological impact that merely thinking you're pregnant under difficult circumstances can have - never mind actually having to carry a foetus for nine months and then either giving it up for adoption or looking after it and providing for it. You're refusing the woman autonomy and choice; this is what is truly barbaric.

You don't have the choice to do a lot of things with your own body. You're not allowed to kill yourself, you're not allowed to stick heroin in your veins. Is that barbaric too? What if abortion was never invented, what would you do?

Go watch a surgical abortion video then go watch a mother raise her child. Tell me which one is more barbaric. Thanks.
I think if a woman didn't abort a foetus that was to be born with severe defects like downs she would be bad mother.
Original post by Serine Soul
It's more barbaric to force a child to be born and make them live an unpleasant life imo

this^^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laughable comparison. Try again.

Fallacious response. Rather than merely telling me that it is laughable, explain why.

Actually it will be my business if I want a compatable wife. A foetus is a potential baby. Surgical abortion is barbaric and shows all the traits of a terrible mother. No wonder they suffer from so much trauma afterwards.
I imagine that no woman who has been raped wants to carry and then look after the offspring of her rapist. In what way does protecting herself from severe psychological trauma and ensuring herself a future in education and then a good job suggest that she would make a terrible mother?
(edited 7 years ago)

I can't rep and you beat me to it! :cry:
Not unless she tells you.

Yes in response to the thread's question.
Uh yes, because she aborted a child that she did not feel she was emotionally/financially ready to raise and thus saved the child from being raised in an unwanted circumstance or shoved in an orphanage.

Having an abortion does not affect the ability for one to be of a motherly nature jfffcccccc
This is a real tricky question!
I don't think you can tell just from physical aspects, how she acts maybe of better indication, but then again any deductions from behaviour are subjective. I think there are certain behavioural aspects that could be signs of an abortion but only recently after the procedure.
Original post by thatbrownkid17
You're all speaking from nice easy positions in society; you're on TSR so you have internet access which already puts you in the upper 50% of the global wealth percentile. But look outside the shielded perspectives you have. If a woman is in abject poverty, working on her own as a single woman and gets pregnant, of course it's in her and the baby's interest to have an abortion! Why would she raise a baby if she knows she can't provide it with adequate healthcare, food, water and shelter? If women get the main responsibility of having a baby they deserve the right because it is their body. Whether you want to allow abortions freely for partners who just forgot to use protection is different. All I'm saying is it's entirely justifiable in some cases including rape. What sort of child would one day want to find out it's a product of rape and serve as a constant symbol of mental trauma for its mother??

Laughable argument. Abortions cost money just like the internet does. If you took some responsibility and stopped trying to cheat mother nature then you wouldn't get pregnant. It's clear that sexual intercourse is for solely for reproduction and the pleasure is to entice you into wishing to reproduce more. Trying to have flings and living like depraved hedonists means you have to deal with the consequences, period.

I knew rape would get brought up (always does). Simple fact is it accounts for a MINUSCULE amount of the millions upon millions of careless women who kill their own child. Also ever read/watch 'Room'? So you're saying the kid should've been aborted yeah?