The Student Room Group

No experience at all, at the end of my second year at uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Ok well done to you and good luck on your coffee shop idea. yeah I followed you because you have seriously good entertainment.

him and studos are the best comedians tsr has to offer tbh lol.
Original post by Oilfreak1
him and studos are the best comedians tsr has to offer tbh lol.

Yeah studos should actually be a comedian... or a lawyer or banker or actuary or quant or accountant or engineer or do a leadership grad scheme or an optometrist or whatever the heck he wants to do now
seriously tho an interest in finance can definitely be faked, you just have to do your research.

when i was searching for internships (before i had any involvrment in finance) i was getting asked Qs like 'how would you invest 1 million pounds' or 'which UK companies would you say are risky investments' (yes you get asked this even for tech roles) and answered them like a true professional purely because i read a couple bloomberg articles and looked into portfolio management, volatility etc. a few days before my assessment centers

im just saying - if youre a bounty hunter like me and you're meet the requirements to get into IB (whether its tech or FO) without having any attraction to finance whatsoever, go for it. it's not about having a genuine interest in the field; it's about how well you prepare / how well you make them think you have a genuine interest.

when your bank balance grows from 10 squid to ~1000 in a week you'll be thanking me for making you a wealthy man. my tactics involved trading paper money for a few days (just to add to the CV) and saying ive been part of the investment / finance society since i was a fresher - you don't have to use the same tricks as me there are plenty of things you can bullsh*t about.

the 'congrats, you are rich now' phone call from the sexy HR lady is the best phone call you'll ever receive in your motherf*cking life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by El Chapo Jr.
seriously tho an interest in finance can definitely be faked, you just have to do your research.

when i was searching for internships (before i had any involvrment in finance) i was getting asked Qs like 'how would you invest 1 million pounds' or 'which UK companies would you say are risky investments' (yes you get asked this even for tech roles) and answered them like a true professional purely because i read a couple bloomberg articles and looked into portfolio management, volatility etc. a few days before my assessment centers

im just saying - if youre a bounty hunter like me and you're meet the requirements to get into IB (whether its tech or FO) without having any attraction to finance whatsoever, go for it. it's not about having a genuine interest in the field; it's about how well you prepare / how well you make them think you have a genuine interest.

when your bank balance grows from 10 squid to ~1000 in a week you'll be thanking me for making you a wealthy man. my tactics involved trading paper money for a few days (just to add to the CV) and saying ive been part of the investment / finance society since i was a fresher - you don't have to use the same tricks as me there are plenty of things you can bullsh*t about.

the 'congrats, you are rich now' phone call from the sexy HR lady is the best phone call you'll ever receive in your motherf*cking life.

kinda boring me now
realest advice you'll ever get.
Original post by El Chapo Jr.
honestly, i'd rather be smoking some of the finest high grade on a jamaican beach with some of the finest hunnies instead of sitting on a desk 10 hours a day. that is my idea of enjoying life and being on a ridiculous salary will allow me to do that. it is simply a means to an end. when im earning 100-120K in 10 years time i would be able to buy out your house and turn it into a dump if i wanted to.

that does't mean i don't like my job. i just don't pretend i do it for fun when the primary reason anyone works is to pay the bills. i'm able to do this and live a luxorious el chapo lifestyle on top of it while you're still sitting your freshers exams in that absolute sh*thole they call Nottingham lol.

your yearly earnings: £0
my yearly earnings: £42000

i earn infinitely more money than you do, let that sink in.

stay bad, stay broke, stay breezy brah.

Thank you for coming here and wrecking all the TSR kiddies
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Lol, nobody is doing IB for the money, the money is piss poor after tax combined with the hours worked and living in London.

Unless you're such a good liar that you can bullsh*t your way through the interviews despite having no interest in the job (which you seem to have done Anton Kreill Junior and honestly well done to you for it), you're not even going to get the job in the first place. When the competition is so immense, you're not going to get hired over someone that already has an interest if you're just counting on developing the interest on the job.

L O L
Original post by anonwinner
L O L

Le truth hurts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending