The Student Room Group

Moving out of parents house.

I'm moving out of my dad's place to my own flat in a month as he is leaving the country. I'm in the process of applying for finance. But when it asks for evidence as to household income how will I go about providing this as it requires last tax year? Surely if im dependant only on my own income it will only take that into account. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by James.kraw
I'm moving out of my dad's place to my own flat in a month as he is leaving the country. I'm in the process of applying for finance. But when it asks for evidence as to household income how will I go about providing this as it requires last tax year? Surely if im dependant only on my own income it will only take that into account. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Unless you're over 25 or have supported yourself for 3 years then you're classed as dependant on your parents and you need your parents to declare their income.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Unless you're over 25 or have supported yourself for 3 years then you're classed as dependant on your parents and you need your parents to declare their income.

I am over 25 and have been working for many years while at home. So does this mean I don't have to declare parents earnings?
Thank you
Original post by James.kraw
I am over 25 and have been working for many years while at home. So does this mean I don't have to declare parents earnings?
Thank you

That's right - you're independent so your assessment will be made on your own expected income and the income of any partner. Your parents income doesn't count.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
That's right - you're independent so your assessment will be made on your own expected income and the income of any partner. Your parents income doesn't count.

Thank you very much for your help. Saves all the confusion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending