The Student Room Group

Best UK university under 50 years.... revealed!

:yay:

It's.....

Spoiler

Followed by Bath, Surrey, Stirling then Plymouth.

Well done to everyone who got it right :wink:

You can read the full rankings here.

quotes

Scroll to see replies

Massive shocker but I am not surprised Bath is up there, but well done to the winner!
(edited 8 years ago)
Wasn't expecting that to be honest, but fair play! Not surprised Bath is up there!
Its not actually surprising - its a different Uni each year and its like Eurovision, ie. whose 'turn' is it to win this year?
Reply 4
Guess my logic failed :lol: Bath got counted even though it's 50 this year
Original post by returnmigrant
Its not actually surprising - its a different Uni each year and its like Eurovision, ie. whose 'turn' is it to win this year?

Not really, Dundee was 2nd last year behind Warwick who isn't eligible for the first time this year - if anything it's the most logical result haha (even though I know **** all about Dundee :biggrin: )
@Airmed rejoices. :five:
Reply 7
Original post by Hydeman
@Airmed rejoices. :five:

**** YEAH DUNDEE! :woo:
Reply 8
Dundee is first in the UK for Life Sciences, was voted No.1 Scottish Uni by The Times, and is a non RG uni. I'm not surprised it's first and I go there.
Original post by Airmed
Dundee is first in the UK for Life Sciences, was voted No.1 Scottish Uni by The Times, and is a non RG uni. I'm not surprised it's first and I go there.

You study a Life Sciences subject? :holmes: Why did I think you were a politics student... :K:

Also, not at all sure of the claim in bold. Edinburgh would have to deteriorate significantly for that to be true, I think.
Reply 10
Original post by Hydeman
You study a Life Sciences subject? :holmes: Why did I think you were a politics student... :K:

Also, not at all sure of the claim in bold. Edinburgh would have to deteriorate significantly for that to be true, I think.

No I don't but a girl in my flat does.

It's true, otherwise Dundee Uni's website is ****ing lie. :wink:
Original post by Airmed
No I don't but a girl in my flat does.

It's true, otherwise Dundee Uni's website is ****ing lie. :wink:

Ah. What do you study, then? :beard:

University websites can always find some league table or other to big themselves up. :h: A visiting Martian unfamiliar with advertising could be forgiven for thinking that all universities are the best at everything and being confused by it.
Reply 13
Original post by Hydeman
Ah. What do you study, then? :beard:

University websites can always find some league table or other to big themselves up. :h: A visiting Martian unfamiliar with advertising could be forgiven for thinking that all universities are the best at everything.

I study Politics.

Check the above link I just tagged you in. :h:

Original post by Airmed
I study Politics.

Check the above link I just tagged you in. :h:

Ah, so I was right. I'm always right. :moon:

Yeah, that's definitely something that might deceive those that don't look for detail. Well done to Dundee, regardless. :lol: Also, I've always felt that Dundee has one of the best websites of any UK university, except maybe St Andrews.
Reply 15
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, so I was right. I'm always right. :moon:

Yeah, that's definitely something that might deceive those that don't look for detail. Well done to Dundee, regardless. :lol: Also, I've always felt that Dundee has one of the best websites of any UK university, except maybe St Andrews.

We are in some ways the No.1 Scottish uni. Just depends how you see it. :laugh:
Original post by Airmed
We are in some ways the No.1 Scottish uni. Just depends how you see it. :laugh:

Oh, yes. Perspective and context are everything. :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by Hydeman
Oh, yes. Perspective and context are everything. :wink:

It's all about Life Sciences though. :tongue:
Original post by Airmed
It's all about Life Sciences though. :tongue:

Well, no other subject(s) matter. #DundeeBeTheBest. :fuhrer:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:yay:

It's.....

Spoiler

Followed by Bath, Surrey, Stirling then Plymouth.

Well done to everyone who got it right :wink:

You can read the full rankings here.

quotes

lol at Dundee :lol:. It's Bath mate.

If anyone seriously thinks Dundee is better than Bath they need psychiatric help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending